• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Former financial talk show Host Dawn Bennett arrested for Ponzi scheme

Former syndicated weekend talk show host Dawn Bennett was recently arrested on accusations of running her clothing business as a Ponzi scheme. Bennett's show, "Financial Myth Busting" was syndicated weekends by Radio America. The show ended in January - I originally mused it must have been related to Bennett being unable to continue her attacks on government monetary and fiscal policy in a Trump administration, but it looks like she had deeper issues with the SEC.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...r-used-hoodoo-spell-to-thwart-probe-feds-say/

Hat tip to Talkers, who included this item in their Friday edition.

Last edited:
Radio America sure didn't need this negative publicity.

Considering what they found in her apartment, she was quite the crazy character. I'm very sorry for those that invested with her. They're unlikely to recover much, if anything.

This is an incredible story. I listened to a bit of one of her podcasts and she doesn't sound unbalanced at all.

This isn't the first time a radio financial talker has bilked listeners - recall the late Sonny Block who fled the country to avoid prosecution - but most were merely crooks, not lunatics!

This is an incredible story. I listened to a bit of one of her podcasts and she doesn't sound unbalanced at all.

I personally think advocating gold as the only safe investment vehicle is an unbalanced piece of advice, but I agree with you. Her show was one of the better made-for-weekend efforts I've heard. Mostly because she had insightful guests.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom