Morning Show Situation - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Morning Show Situation

Quote Originally Posted by installLSC View Post
    Well it's a week and a half since the scandal broke, with a Seahawks game in between, and still no sign or mention of Levy. Does this mean Levy is gone for good? And if he is, will KJR just stick with the Fain/Slickhawk interim pairing.
    Mitch is still listed on the KJR website.

http://sportsradiokjr.iheart.com/

Some talent contracts contain a 'morals clause'. Besides waiting for things to die down in the press, I venture a guess that the future will depend as to whether an official prosecution happens, which given a misdemeanor with no prior prosecutions, probably won't. Besides, court systems are generally jammed up and slow, so I wouldn't jump-to, or expect any conclusions after just one week.

Fair enough. Good viewpoint, Kelly.

And like that Mitchy the Kid was gone. Taken down from the website. New photos up. The Morning Show. Good for iHeart for canning his ass. In this day and age when a company is that strapped for cash you can't have your big AM Drive susperstar going around acting like a douche supporting human trafficking and the sex industry. Clients are going to look at that like WTF? Add buys get pulled, people DO NOT want to be associated even with an ACCUSED ( because let's allow our slimy little putz due process in the legal system ) person like that. I for one think the move is the right one regardless of the money it's the morals issue. Now how long until they make a formal announcement? BANNED FROM MITCH IN THE MORNING - thanks god I don't have to hear that crap any more.
    Last edited by Goi; 09-16-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Even if the accusations are false, it's for the best that Mitch moves on. In the last few months, his opens have tended to feature long rambling stories that have nothing to do with sports, almost like he really doesn't want to talk about sports anymore. Plus I thought it was ridiculous that time and again he couldn't comment on last night's baseball game because he was busy with coaching his kid's sports teams. I really like the current morning hosts; their laid back conversational vibe makes sense for this market much more than Mitch's quasi-East Coast style.

Quote Originally Posted by installLSC View Post
    Even if the accusations are false, it's for the best that Mitch moves on. In the last few months, his opens have tended to feature long rambling stories that have nothing to do with sports, almost like he really doesn't want to talk about sports anymore. Plus I thought it was ridiculous that time and again he couldn't comment on last night's baseball game because he was busy with coaching his kid's sports teams. I really like the current morning hosts; their laid back conversational vibe makes sense for this market much more than Mitch's quasi-East Coast style.
    A few points here...

The fact that he is no longer on the website doesn't mean he has been terminated. In fact, he probably has not been, mostly for legal reasons.

I do agree he needs to move on, as the damage has been done, and there really isn't any redemption from KJR at this point from a business standpoint.

"laid back conversational vibe" very rarely works in sports radio. Especially when you are up against competition from Bonneville.

We'll see how this all plays out. My expectation is they will import someone with great credentials, assuming Mitch is indeed out, and I assume he is.

Quote Originally Posted by seatownmedia View Post
    I believe it is a misdemeanor because the act never took place.
    In Washington, both prostitution (applies to both parties) and patronizing a prostitute are misdemeanors. There are no felony prostitution charges, but felony charges for promoting, promoting travel, indecent exposure (second offense) exist.
    http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9A.88.030
    http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9A.88.110

Quote Originally Posted by seatownmedia View Post
    A few points here...

The fact that he is no longer on the website doesn't mean he has been terminated. In fact, he probably has not been, mostly for legal reasons.

I do agree he needs to move on, as the damage has been done, and there really isn't any redemption from KJR at this point from a business standpoint.

"laid back conversational vibe" very rarely works in sports radio. Especially when you are up against competition from Bonneville.

We'll see how this all plays out. My expectation is they will import someone with great credentials, assuming Mitch is indeed out, and I assume he is.
    Seriously you contradict yourself in this post and it has more holes in it than the Seahawks O line could open all season. Pay the man the $160 bucks you owe him. You don't know squat so rethink your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Goi View Post
    going around acting like a douche supporting human trafficking and the sex industry.
    He may have been supporting the sex industry, but there is zero evidence that he was supporting human trafficking.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Biltmore Jennings View Post
    Seriously you contradict yourself in this post and it has more holes in it than the Seahawks O line could open all season. Pay the man the $160 bucks you owe him. You don't know squat so rethink your posts.
    No rethinking is necessary as I did not contradict myself. I said there was a possibility of him not being terminated for legal reasons, which is different from him being "out". Many broadcasters are taken off the air and not terminated immediately. And I never made a bet with anyone on here, thus I owe nobody $160 bucks. But, thanks for your analysis.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast