• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Question about RDS PC receiver card.

K

kf4rca

I've got an RDS PC receiver card (ADS Cadet model RDX1187) and it does not display the station ID correctly. One station WSB is displayed as WSA. And all 4 of the Clear Channel stations are displayed with "K" calls. BUT other stations are displayed correctly. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. Thanks.

WSB---Not sure about that one. In regard to the Clear Channel (iHeart) Station. For some reason they transmit some RDS (PI) codes slightly out of standard. It has something to do with the implementation of TMC (Traffic Data) they transmit. More recent hardware will correct that issue.

I've got an RDS PC receiver card (ADS Cadet model RDX1187) and it does not display the station ID correctly. One station WSB is displayed as WSA. And all 4 of the Clear Channel stations are displayed with "K" calls. BUT other stations are displayed correctly. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. Thanks.

Do you have adequate signal? How are you feeding RF to the card?

Actually I'm feeding the card with just a wire into the jack. So, what you're saying is the level of the subcarrier for the data is a little low for proper data decoding. The audio sounds fine. And the DX fm (for me) 106.7 decodes fine, although the audio can be a little marginal at times.
Thanks for the info regarding the PI codes being slightly out of standard. I thought it might be something like that since this card was introduced early into the RDS implementation.
Thanks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom