• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Why do people who smoke pot want everyone else stoned ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since he was a supervisor, I'm surprised the store just didn't order him to have a drug test. He wasn't in the union, so he would've had to take the test or lose his job.

My father had glaucoma and I'm in the early stages of it. The main ingredient in marijuana that is used to treat glaucoma is available in pills or drops and there is no need to smoke it. Although I'd agree that it might should be legal for medical use, if it's available in a pill or some other form where it doesn't have to be smoked, that should be the first option. In too many cases I think making it legal for medical use is just a way for some people to claim some condition as a convenient excuse to smoke pot.
I agree with that and I don't know why people think they have to smoke to get the benefits.

I think the smoke does the same long-term damage to your lungs as tobacco smoke.
If the medicinal properties help I think another delivery mechanism would be preferred.

Definitely agreed there. Even in areas where pot may be legal if smoking tobacco isn't allowed then neither should pot. In Tennessee there are laws in place where it is illegal to smoke in public buildings, including stores and restaurants with the exception of restaurants or bars that don't allow anyone under 21 in. And although It isn't mentioned I believe that should include e-cigarettes. When I worked in Lowe's we had problems with people coming in with e-cigarettes. There was one young lady I worked with that got sick because of someone with an e-cigarette. I had asked some managers several times if something couldn't be done to stop them, and nothing was ever done, but I had no reservations about telling people to get it out of my face.

Yet some people are total jerks even with tobacco in stores. Some people would come in Lowe's with unlit cigarettes or cigars in their mouths, and some thought they could smoke in the garden center even that was not allowed either. Some people would get mad if we said anything, but I personally didn't care whether they liked it or not. Then there was one jerk who wasn't smoking but had a t-shirt on that said "Yes I smoke, so F**K OFF!" :p

E-cigarettes are planned to be taken off the market along side "expensive" cigars in August 2018 according to the FDA unless something has changed. Maybe it did because a new vaoe (e-cig ) shop has open up near me within the last month.

In Denver I see people in stores all the time with an unlit cigarette ( or a half smoked one ) usually behind their ears. Are people that desperate for a smoke ?? It's disgusting !!

Medical marijuana because a joke in Denver. Yes I can see using it if one has glaucoma but bipolar disorder ?? A headache ?? A hangnail ?? Weight loss ?? People were getting marijuana for those too.

Drinking alters your mood and your reflexes and is legal. Marijuana alters your mood and your reflexes and is not legal. People are killed by drunk drivers and alcohol is legal. People are killed by marijuana smoking drivers and marijuana is not legal. Why the double standard?

Drinking alters your mood and your reflexes and is legal. Marijuana alters your mood and your reflexes and is not legal. People are killed by drunk drivers and alcohol is legal. People are killed by marijuana smoking drivers and marijuana is not legal. Why the double standard?

If the stoners are to believed NO ONE has ever died by marijuana. Not long after pot became legal in Colorado some guy who had been smoking pot all day decided he was Jesus Christ and shot his wife to death, In court it was discovered that the guy had a can of MOUNTAIN DEW in the morning so that was what made him kill his wife..Mountain Dew and not all that marijuana the guy consumed !!! You got to hand it to people who want pot legal if there is a death associated with pot they will try to find anything ANYTHING to justify why pot should be legal in the first place.

Since this thread has absolutely nothing ... even remotely ... to do with radio or television, I think that it's time to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom