Dan Rea Show Question
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Dan Rea Show Question

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    the other side
    Posts
    21

    Cool Dan Rea Show Question

    After sampling extensively,.... Burning question,....

    Do 99% of callers have "old man voice",...loose dentures and speech impediments?

    Just sayin' 😆

  2. #2
    I'm not a listener, but to be fair all talk --besides sports-- is in the 75-dead demo.

    Dan's promos are enough for me.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePyne View Post
    After sampling extensively,.... Burning question,....

    Do 99% of callers have "old man voice",...loose dentures and speech impediments?

    Just sayin' 
    How about some callers just have lousy cell phones, lousy service providers, or just praqctice lousy cell phone technique?

    Hold the freakin' mouthpiece near your mouth, not under your chin, dammit! And bluetooth (sic, I won't dignify it with an upper-case "b") should be forbidden, unless the sound of someone who sounds as if he's at the bottom of a fish barrel is appealing.

    "Other than that, I have no strong feelings on the matter." - Jay Severin

    Admittedly, some of Dan's callers are blockheads, but that's not an age thing. Dan treats everyone who calls with respect (more so than I ever would).

  4. #4
    All talk minus sports is in the 75 to dead demo? It must still have at least some appeal though as WRKO has yet to dump it. We don't yet have La Mega 680. And a couple former WTKK hosts seem to be doing nice running talk shows on public
    radio. WBZ must be doing well at Marian Manor, I guess. Admittedly Howie is now 65, Rush 67 etc.As for their listeners...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by QED View Post

    I'm not a listener, but to be fair all talk --besides sports-- is in the 75-dead demo.
    I don't know about that.

    WGBH-FM is doing pretty well 25-54.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by raccoonradio View Post
    All talk minus sports is in the 75 to dead demo? It must still have at least some appeal though as WRKO has yet to dump it. We don't yet have La Mega 680. And a couple former WTKK hosts seem to be doing nice running talk shows on public
    radio. WBZ must be doing well at Marian Manor, I guess. Admittedly Howie is now 65, Rush 67 etc.As for their listeners...
    WRKO rates top 10 with adults 35-64

    BUR & GBH also rate very well adults 25-54.

  7. #7
    The original post was about telephone talk. Not the BBC, BZ news, "the Takeaway" et al. I haven't heard RKO in a generation, never mind listened. 'BZ... not since Brudnoy died. I have heard BZ overnights and on a pretty regular basis too. That's it. I don't listen to old people complaining.

    G.Williams was hanging up on Seniors 30 years ago because he was paranoid about the perception that his demo was to too high. Some like the frequent Boston caller 'Selma' were banned. Producers will verify this. This is when talk was hot. It isn't hot anymore. I think we know who it attracts.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    the other side
    Posts
    21
    Yes, yes we do know who it attracts!

    image.jpg

  9. #9
    OK, we all know his P1 is 55 to dead.

    AM radio is all but dead after 7 PM, except for Baseball.

    So Dan, who is pushing 70 himself, and by all accounts is a patient host, attracts older listeners.

    IT WORKS.

    WBZ makes money, a local host, producer, etc have jobs, and people don't have to dial to some national show that may have nothing to do with the local issues.

    Brudnoy is not coming back anytime soon, this is what is offered in the local market, take it and be thankful.

    Or turn it off.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    the other side
    Posts
    21
    I'd really enjoy some Gerry style hang ups for the unprepared, speaker phones, blue "toofs" and crypt keepers, makes the "show" humorous and interesting!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us