Unusual Song Selection for KTWV The Wave - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Unusual Song Selection for KTWV The Wave

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

They were, however, on a floor of the Sherman Oaks building where Premier and all their shows are managed or produced, Delilah being one of them.
    IIRC, Delilah (and Lia, for that matter) were first syndicated by Broadcast Programming out of Seattle. BPI was bought by Jones. Delilah left for Premiere. Lia (and whatever else that might have remained from BP) got folded into Westwood One with the rest of Jones.

I don't think BPI ever was part of Broadcast Architecture. BPI's business was automated formats, first on reel, and then with the CD jukebox UDS system before they started selling dayparts via satellite. BPI used to call on me to pitch stuff back in the day.
    The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers. Retweets are not endorsements.

Quote Originally Posted by ChannelFlipper View Post
    Steely Dan would be the leader in this category. KTWV played nearly all of the Aja album cuts in regular rotation plus a few from Gaucho as well (which helped me stay tuned in at the time as those are not just two of my favorite Steely Dan albums, but two of my favorite albums period).
    http://pastdaily.com/2013/09/28/stee...stage-weekend/

And interestingly Steely Dan was also played on both KMET and KTWV at some point. But then again this was when 94.7 was transitioning from AOR to NAC at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioPatrol View Post
    http://pastdaily.com/2013/09/28/stee...stage-weekend/

And interestingly Steely Dan was also played on both KMET and KTWV at some point. But then again this was when 94.7 was transitioning from AOR to NAC at the time.
    Steely Dan's sound makes perfect sense on this format, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by LKellerIII View Post
    Steely Dan's sound makes perfect sense on this format, IMO.

Steely Dan, Rickie Lee Jones, Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison and Paul Simon are all artists that got play on both KMET and KTWV.

Quote Originally Posted by johndavis View Post
    IIRC, Delilah (and Lia, for that matter) were first syndicated by Broadcast Programming out of Seattle. BPI was bought by Jones. Delilah left for Premiere. Lia (and whatever else that might have remained from BP) got folded into Westwood One with the rest of Jones.

I don't think BPI ever was part of Broadcast Architecture. BPI's business was automated formats, first on reel, and then with the CD jukebox UDS system before they started selling dayparts via satellite. BPI used to call on me to pitch stuff back in the day.
    BPI was Seattle owned, then sold to Broadcast Electronics, which -- after a few years -- then sold it to Jones. Then it was sold again of course.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHKX-FM

A Canadian radio station was the last known station to borrow KTWV's branding until 2011. And this Canadian Radio station even used the exact format as KTWV during their Smooth Jazz era until 2011. Currently 94.7 Canada is a country music outlet as Wikipedia is referencing too.

As David noted Broadcast architecture was the one that licensed and franchised the Wave Brand to other radio stations outside of Los Angeles.
    Last edited by RadioPatrol; 08-26-2017 at 09:51 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456