• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New FM translator list for MA etc

1410 AM WZBR, the R&B/Hip-Hop station in Dedham near the Boston (Hyde Park) line, has an application for 98.1 in Medford. That would get their coverage to the north side of the Charles River, maybe fill in some of their lost reduced power night coverage in Boston if not too much interference from WCTK 98.1 New Bedford.

Port Broadcasting applied for second translators for all their other stations, so in sure this is just carry over from them. The 92.1 was just to expand their coverage in Haverhill. This is the second time someone has tried to go on 92.1 from the 92.5 tower in Haverhill. I'm sure if this one hits the air, WDER-FM will once again complain and it will shut down, or move to another frequency.

Yeah thought I read WNBP wanted the translator in Newburyport but now I see Haverhill I guess.
.. Can an AM get more than one?
Thought maybe they wanted to move the //106.1 Newburyport elsewhere

Last edited:
http://recnet.com/node/2176
WNBP Newburyport wants 92.1.Does this mean Bloomberg wants to shut down the 106.1 they have there?And WESX wants 92.1 in Nahant.
When Bloomberg took over Newburyport, they went with 1.330/106.1ʼs feed (with local cut-ins?)—which made sense, making 106.1 essentially a two location xltr of 1.330/1.450.
But, after a couple of days, Newburyport switched to carrying 1.200ʼs programming/feed, thus there are now two different Bloomberg feeds competing on 106.1.
Possibility: Bloomberg is waiting to see which does better—1.200 or 1.330—then when they drop the iHeart stations, 1.330/1.450/106.1/(+an HD2?) will all assume a single feed?

WHTB in Fall River wants 93.7 FM. Um, I may just be a 35 year old dude who lives in Central Connecticut and who was in 6th grade the last time he was in Boston, but isn't Fall River in the coverage area of WEEI-FM 93.7?

Though WEEI-FM can be heard in Fall River, it's considered in WEEI-FM's "fringe" area, not within its protected coverage contour. WEEI-FM's transmitter in Peabody is an additional 15 miles away from Fall River than Boston proper.

WEEI-FM's programming can also be heard in Fall River on WVEI 103.7 FM from Westerly, RI and WEII 96.3 FM from Dennis/Cape Cod.

Thanks, it looked a bit much for 13 watts.

Since power is not linear, it is exponential, there is not a whole lot of difference IMHO, what makes this one interesting is it is 109 meters HAAG, and 152 meters ( almost 500 feet) above sea level.

Given a choice between wattage and height, I'll take height every time for the win

The 105.3 in Bath ME that was mentioned is now on air.
At the time a couple 92.1s were mentioned, in Newburyport and Nahant, but maybe dismissed?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom