• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Latest Radio Ratings

Shouldn't they take Kathy's name off the show since it sounds like she will not be returning to the show?

My guess is that when contractual matters are settled her name will be removed.

The good question is who knows how long that will take, wouldn't it just be best to take it off now, since it appears she is no longer intrested in the job she has had for over 20 years.

My guess is that they must wait till her contract is up then rename the show. My feeling is that it probably something like Eric and Company without naming a cohost in the title. Just my thoughts.

1. Is 780's book combined with 105.9's?

2. If 780's book was separate from 105.9, would more people be listening to 780 or 105.9?

Dr Wayne

It could be possible, that it could be Eric and Company, after all David Kaplan's show that is on WMVP ESPN Radio 1000 is called Kap and Company without him having an official co-host by several that could be different a day. I still think it is wrong that they still have her name on the show, when she odiously doesn't want the hob anymore, and if she did she would have shown up to do the show. She obviously is having issues that she doesn't want public, even if they are directed to Eric which he doesn't know for sure either. But I don't understand why don't they just fire her now, and pay her whatever is left on her contract, and she can't sign with another station until that contract is up. I don't know why a station would want to hire her, even since they don't know how long it will take, before she decides she no longer wants the job, and goes awol. After all if you remember Bob Sirrot and Marrannie Muricano used to an early afternoon show on WGN Radio, that lasted for 2 years, but then they started requesting more days off, or taking more days off then WGN Radio was willing to give them.

Meanwhile in other news....we have a station that can't be tuned on many radios nearly tied with the once-venerable WGN.

Indeed few talk about it, but many listen.

Few talk about it because its audience is the "undesirable demo". I had meant to refer to my earlier post as "The Battle of the Undesirable Demos".

Okay, gotta run.... I need to replace our dryer, which died last week. Should be tough. I'm not sure to go or which brand/model because nobody has talked to me on the radio about where to buy or what features to look for. :)

Meanwhile in other news....we have a station that can't be tuned on many radios nearly tied with the once-venerable WGN.

And they have nobody to blame but themselves

WRME does not beat WGN in 25-54... in fact it is about 60% behind WGN. Even in 36-64, a fairly useless demo, WGN leads. You have to go purre 55 or 65 and over for WRME to beat WGN. ANd those are demos advertisers font regularly buy,

And they have nobody to blame but themselves

I blame them for being only on AM.

WRME does not beat WGN in 25-54... in fact it is about 60% behind WGN. Even in 36-64, a fairly useless demo, WGN leads. You have to go purre 55 or 65 and over for WRME to beat WGN. ANd those are demos advertisers font regularly buy,

I don't know if you realized you were responding to the wrong person, what you quoted what I had said was a quote for another user

I blame them for being only on AM.

Where are they supposed to go, there aren't too many talk stations on the FM side, other then WBEZ as FM stations are mainly music stations

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom