• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jesus Radio Selma Is Back On

R.D.P.

Star Participant
And booming the best mix of CCM Hits and Oldies. The tech issues are now behind me. Excited to be broadcasting again.

Dan <><

Last edited:
Care to share your side of the claims made earlier?

Had to replace some gear that was broken and outdated. The replacement items are sounding and running real good now.

Dan <><

Last edited:
That's not what I asked. Dan, as I've said, the issue is transparency.

Personal story. About a year ago, I had a concern about an issue with K-Love. I directed an e-mail to Mike Novak. Within a half hour, I received a return e-mail personally from Mr. Novak. He asked for a phone number. Two hours later I was speaking directly with him by telephone. He was candid and directly addressed my concern. About a week later, I received a follow-up letter from Mr. Novak, wanting to ensure that my concerns had been answered and thanking me for the opportunity to address the issue.

Contrast that with this situation. Unlike Mr. Novak, it appears to me that you're unwilling to publicly offer your side to the recent public concerns expressed about your operations. Traditionally when pressed, you choose to either not respond, or as in this example, offer a reply that doesn't answer the question asked. It's troubling to see. Mr. Novak went far out of his way to offer an answer to my e-mail. Respect is earned and he more than earned mine that day.

While I appreciate your candor off-line, I'll leave you publicly with this. Contrary to opinion, I'd like to see you succeed. But just as we're told to be always ready to offer a defense for the Gospel, I believe we should also be ready to offer a defense for our choices in life. As long as you choose to publicly share the saga of Jesus Radio on this website, you should also be ready to expect, to appreciate and to publicly offer a defense for concerns, difficult questions, and grievances publicly directed toward you and your radio station. As others have long tried to explain, you and you alone -- not your parents, not your community, not any of us you might meet here -- are solely responsible for the choices you make and the actions you take regarding the operation of Jesus Radio. You have a long and oftentimes difficult road ahead. Rejoicing with you that you're back on the air.

I think some of us who have done Christian radio are so used to the people who hate Christian rock music acting in deplorable, un-Christlike ways when they interact with us. It is important to treat each other with respect as Christ would have us treat each other. I know after I received literal threats, profanities, insults, and even a break-in by people who didn't like the music, I tended towards the camp of protecting the station's facilities, and our staff from people that I considered to be a credible threat - no matter if they chose to call themselves Christians or not. I encountered some reasonable people as well, and directed them to tune into programs and stations that more closely matched their spiritual needs. The existence of ministries and music not specifically targeting their spiritual needs is not and should not be a threat to them, and all I asked of them was that they leave our station and our people alone to do the work to which God called us. I still secured the station's door (it had never even been locked), installed a peephole / intercom where someone could state their business at the station, and directed our phone staff to immediately hang up on profanity.

Jesus Radio Selma has proved that CCM will work here. Things are going great for me. The donations are coming in. People are excited over this new plant. Got a great coverage area for a 95 Watt LPFM radio station. Some areas can hear me up to 30 miles from Park Avenue. The others around 15 to 20. Found my goldmine and it's working great.

Dan <><

Last edited:
If I may paraphrase the late Jerry Reed:

"Dan found his goldmine
But did Satan get the shaft
Did God split it right down the middle
And really give Dan the better half
What Dan wrote sounds sort o' funny
But it still doesn't make me laugh
Dan found his goldmine
But did Satan get the shaft?"

Proverbs 16:16

Last edited:
Don't want to make a living off this. That's not my goal. The goldmine I was looking for is (1) Filling in a format hole, (2) Proving that CCM will work here, (3) Help lead people to Jesus and (4) See Selma become a better place, than it is now and (5) To help break the stronghold of Satan, that continues to grip us. Numbers 1 and 2 have already succeeded. The last three are still a work in progress. Hope to see some great things happen, with 3, 4 and 5 soon. I don't need the money for self per se. Do need it to keep things going, where I can help spread the Gospel.

Dan <><

Last edited:
It's all about how we state our priorities, isn't it?

Looking forward to how God impacts Selma.

I haven't been on this Forum for some time... about time I poked my head in here again. :)

I'm glad to see that your station is finally on the air! It was a struggle... glad to see it worked, and even more glad to see that people are being blessed by the music you're playing. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom