• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"ALT 94.9" translator sold to WATV/French Broadcasting

Last edited:
Good to hear that WATV finally got on the translator bandwagon. They were left all alone there for a while. Red Mountain does seem to have some ties to iHeart as far as I can tell but nothing really solid. I think they did a deal with Great South Wireless in another market once.

To clarify something I was mistaken on earlier, the Reynolds family does own Red Mountain Broadcasting. They're the people behind Reynolds Technical Associates/Great South Wireless/Brantley Broadcast Associates and who knows who else.

Did anything ever come of this? I'm finally getting around to updating my site after a week away from the FCC updates and I see that Red Mountain Broadcasting has filed a license to cover for their 99 watt permit. But nothing about "V-900" taking over.

Did anything ever come of this? I'm finally getting around to updating my site after a week away from the FCC updates and I see that Red Mountain Broadcasting has filed a license to cover for their 99 watt permit. But nothing about "V-900" taking over.

I saw that as well. Maybe something Red Mountain didn't file a while back (and of course, should have), so they went ahead and did so, in order the sale of the translator wouldn't be held up on account of it? Just a guess...

Zach, any word on this?
http://www.radiodiscussions.com/showthread.php?704533-WZGX-What-happened

Is this some sort of app that was just filed for new facilities?

Not a clue. I'm still scratching my head over that one.

Is this some sort of app that was just filed for new facilities?

It appears so. As far as I know (and I could easily be wrong) the last licensed facility for this translator was on Red Mountain with 88 watts. They had a CP for 250 watts with a bizarre super directional antenna from over near Irondale, aimed west into Birmingham, but I don't think it ever went on the air. The permit after that was the latest, and is for 99 watts from the iHeart tower overlooking Midfield on Ishkooda Mountain. This facility has a fairly directional antenna, too, which will reduce coverage east of downtown, but that's more in line with what WATV covers now, more or less.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom