• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What's up with 1360

Actually gunsmoke I know someone who know their engineer. They are 5kw omni daytime an 1kW omni at night I've heard. It's all shady so who knows.

I know when Mike Vendetti, rest his soul, put this thing together long ago he told me the FCC approved the close proximity to the Philly metro just as long as no signal made it into Philly. That is why the original CP had all four, the two tall and two short towers at 5kw to push the signal SE away from Philly, and the two tall towers at night same direction but less coverage, I believe between 500w and 1kw serving the original WWBZ coverage area in Vineland. Since they signed on with all the weird stuff going on there, they just went 1kw omni using the one strobe tower, from the last person I talked to, why does the FCC come down hard on certain signals but ignores others in violation

I know when Mike Vendetti, rest his soul, put this thing together long ago he told me the FCC approved the close proximity to the Philly metro just as long as no signal made it into Philly.

The FCC authorized the 1360 facility because it provided the required protection to other stations on 1360 as well as adjacent and next adjacent channels in the vicinity.

The FCC does not tell stations "You can't put a signal there". It says, "You have to respect the signals of existing stations to the extent of their protected contours."

This station seems to afford daytime protection ti 1340 in Philadelphia, 1380 in Wilmington, and likely Pottstown too.

At night they protect stations like Binghampton, Hartford, Cincinnati, and others.

That is why the original CP had all four, the two tall and two short towers at 5kw to push the signal SE away from Philly,

No, the signal is reduced towards other stations, day and night. AM stations do not protect cities or areas; they protect priority stations from prohibited interference.

[/QUOTE]and the two tall towers at night same direction but less coverage, I believe between 500w and 1kw serving the original WWBZ coverage area in Vineland. Since they signed on with all the weird stuff going on there, they just went 1kw omni using the one strobe tower, from the last person I talked to, why does the FCC come down hard on certain signals but ignores others in violation[/QUOTE]

The station is not omnidirectional. It is DA-2, with separate patterns day and night.

https://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/amq?list=0&facid=22058

Also. What do they mean "WNJC" is under new ownership?" They're still listed as being owned by FORSYTHE BROADCASTING, LLC .

If there was a stock sale to new shareholders, there was in fact new ownership, but there is no requirement to change the company name... and for a relatively inferior facility, the cost may have been considered unnecessary.

Whats on the FCC's books does not mean the station is abiding by the regs. I have received 1360 past King of Prussia which is out of the FCC Database area of coverage, Seems more like an omni signal to me.

Whats on the FCC's books does not mean the station is abiding by the regs. I have received 1360 past King of Prussia which is out of the FCC Database area of coverage, Seems more like an omni signal to me.

A pattern is a calculation of where the edge a signal of a particular strength will be found. Different radios will be able to hear a station farther away or, even, not as far.

I used to get KIKI, a 250 watt station in Honolulu, in Cleveland, Ohio. That was because I had a good radio and conditions were favorable, not because KIKI had decided to run 100,000 watts.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom