• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Question regarding translator rules

Have a question regarding translator rules. If an AM station is not on the air (silent due to technical or other issues), must the FM translator also cease operations? Apparently I haven't heard the AM station operating for several days but the FM translator is still on. This station doesn't seem to promote the AM in it's social media or other ads.

If the AM has filed an STA, explaining technical problems, I would suspect the FM translator could continue operating -- PERHAPS with a firm, fixed deadline for the AM to return to operation itself...
The idea is NOT to have someone start an FM translator....then simply "dump" the AM...
BUT....I'm not a broadcast lawyer -- and I may be COMPLETELY WRONG!!:confused:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom