• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What Boston stations' HD-2, HD-3 broadcasts are not available streaming online?...

What Boston radio stations' HD-2 and HD-3 broadcasts are not available streaming online?...

You can find out!

Check the websites of each Boston area FM station that has HD subchannels, and see if they have links posted to listen to those subchannels online.

If they don't, then those subchannels are probably not streamed.

In some cases an HD2 or HD3 is an AM (or even FM) simulcast.So for example WEEI-FM HD2 is WRKO which does stream, on TuneIn and their own site.
Or try this...on TuneIn app click on Browse then Local Radio and there's a list including HD2 and HD3 etc

Last edited:
The Beasley HD2 stations are not streamed online.
92.9 Bloomberg Business
96.9 Irish
102.5 Country
105.7 "The Bone" Hard Rock
106.7 Christmas (I wish they went back to Smooth Jazz)

Also, I want to ask, what happened to 100.7 HD2 & 3 and 103.3 HD2 &3? They are online, but I can no longer get them on my radio in the North Shore.

Last edited:
Listings without weblinks.

Listings of Boston radio stations' HD-1, HD-2, HD-3, HD-4 turned up but no weblinks indicated to the online streaming
https://hdradio.com/stations

Which listings have nothing available for streaming online?...

Last edited:
Yes, of course, but who's listening to it? I'm with Jimmy128: it would be worth listening to if it played smooth jazz.

I would guess no one. ;-)

I think it's a place holder. When Magic starts playing Christmas music on their main channel 106.7....they regular format moves over to HD-2.

I would guess no one. ;-)

I think it's a place holder. When Magic starts playing Christmas music on their main channel 106.7....they regular format moves over to HD-2.

A place holder? Is that the best they can do? If an operator has that little creative imagination, he should turn off his HD subchannel(s). Heck, at least use the subchannels for those formats which supposedly are not big with advertisers but which may be enjoyed by us "despicables".

A place holder? Is that the best they can do?

They do whats best for them.

And considering that 20-25%(?) of their yearly billing is Christmas Music, it makes sense in their eyes to do what they can to maintain ownership of the Christmas format, and not let anyone else move in on it.

They do whats best for them.

And considering that 20-25%(?) of their yearly billing is Christmas Music, it makes sense in their eyes to do what they can to maintain ownership of the Christmas format, and not let anyone else move in on it.

I'm not sure I'm following you. How does their running Christmas music on their HD-2 for the greater part of the year ensure that no one else "can move in on it"?

I'm not sure I'm following you. How does their running Christmas music on their HD-2 for the greater part of the year ensure that no one else "can move in on it"?

Because it shows they "own the position"....not just for 6 weeks. And that Christmas music isn't a fluke or a stunt, they embrace it....year round! It's reinforced with the listener, the advertisers and anyone who might want to challenge the position.

Because it shows they "own the position"....not just for 6 weeks. And that Christmas music isn't a fluke or a stunt, they embrace it....year round! It's reinforced with the listener, the advertisers and anyone who might want to challenge the position.

Those "listener(s), ... advertisers and anyone who might want to challenge the position" would have to be aware that it's still on HD-2 in the "off-season", and that the subtext is "Hands off; this is OUR format come Tinsel Time!"

I will be told I'm in the minority and/or the wrong demographic for this music, but I avoid 24/7 Christmas music even during the holidays, preferring it be interspersed with a station's regular musical content, where it's compatible, that is. I wouldn't expect to hear it say, on WAAF or maybe even WZLX.

No, a station putting Christmas music on 24/7 OUTSIDE of the holiday season on its HD-2 subchannel will neither get me to listen to it on its main channel, much less to buy an HD receiver.

would have to be aware that it's still on HD-2 in the "off-season"

Listeners not so much...but advertisers and competitors know that they are owning the format. That's why they just had a Christmas in July party for clients. They are doing everything in their power to say "we own the Christmas format"...even putting it on an HD channel....which doesn't cost them anything.

I will be told I'm in the minority and/or the wrong demographic for this music, but I avoid 24/7 Christmas music even during the holidays,

I'm guessing your not a 25-54 female....soyou are right, you are definitely the wrong demo! ;-)

No station putting Christmas music on 24/7 OUTSIDE of the holiday season on its HD-2 subchannel will neither get me to listen to it on its main channel,

(See above!) Since you're not a 25-54 yo female...so, guess what? They don't care!

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom