• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Los Angeles Clippers is rumored to move to Inglewood

Hmmm...give the Forum's owner the right to build the new arena, and they might back down.

Dang I didn't think that Staples center in Downtown LA is approaching the 2 decade mark since it opened and now the Clippers want to move to an area near the Lakers Old Home and the Old Hollywood park area though.

I'm not at all for public money subsidizing private sports teams, but the Clippers are in the Lakers shadow despite having performed better in recent years.

Getting a new arena might help change that, and, if you don't require people to go all the way downtown, they might be more likely to come to games.

Well LA is down an arena since the last Olympics (the LA Sports Arena having been demolished to make way for a soccer stadium). The Forum has been refurbished basically as a concert venue.

Well LA is down an arena since the last Olympics (the LA Sports Arena having been demolished to make way for a soccer stadium). The Forum has been refurbished basically as a concert venue.

well, they have about 11 years to find a location in the LA Area, get it approved by a city vote in said City they want to built it at, and then built it up and open it.

so the plans for a new venue for the Clippers are what may lead to that.

plus the reason why the Clippers want to move is so they could have home games at the same time as the in-town rivals the Lakers or the LA Kings of the NHL. i'm sure the owners of the Clippers are tired of being overshadowed at the Staple Center and the Lakers are tired of having the Clippers cover up all the Lakers banners and stuff at the Staples Center.

Also, the Lakers and Kings have scheduling priority. The Clippers get whatever dates are left. As far as the Olympics are concerned, since 1984, more venues have come online. Staples Center and Honda Center will host basketball and gymnastics between them. The Fourm could still host boxing. Then you still have Pauley Pavilion, the Galen Center and several smaller venues for other sports.

Still, the primary issue in the OP is placing this new arena near the Forum, where the owners say they have exclusivity.

The Anaheim Convention Center and 'The Pond' where the Ducks play will be available to host a variety of sports. The Convention Center hosted wrestling in 1984. LA may lack for many things, but venues to host Olympic events aren't one of them.

I believe the Long Beach Arena hosted volleyball in 1984. The abundance of facilities that already exist is a reason why I though LA would bet the Games before Paris.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom