• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

i-Heart Radio Censored these words - really? What the hang?

same thing happened with Everlast and his song "What It's Like" where they censored Balls, Drugs and Guns.

To be fair, most of these edits are for "Top 40" radio as these songs were played on Top 40 stations back when they were hits.

To be fair, most of these edits are for "Top 40" radio as these songs were played on Top 40 stations back when they were hits.

Quite often the edits are done by the record label and distributed to the radio stations as safe edits. The edited version is probably the only one in the library.

Track listing from the CD:

1."My Name Is" (Clean) – 4:27
2."My Name Is" (Explicit) – 4:27
3."My Name Is" (Instrumental) – 5:58

Last edited:
I'm sitting here in front of my laptop. I'm listening to Philly's Real 106.1 on the iHeart radio app. They play mostly throwback hip-hop. They played "My Name Is" by Eminem and in addition to the obvious words in that song they also censored these words:

1. impregnate
2. drugs
3. dope
4. breast
5. tits

No. 5 is the last of the "seven dirty words you can't say on television," made famous by George Carlin. I suppose it's forbidden on radio as well.

same thing happened with Everlast and his song "What It's Like" where they censored Balls, Drugs and Guns.

The old 96rock in Raleigh used to play the very lightly edited version of that song, only censoring out F and S bombs. Not sure if that was because they're locally O&O or what. (This was way after the Wardrobe Malfunction)

The old 96rock in Raleigh used to play the very lightly edited version of that song, only censoring out F and S bombs. Not sure if that was because they're locally O&O or what. (This was way after the Wardrobe Malfunction)

yes, possibly, i know in the past few years since KEGL in Dallas went back to rock almost 10 years ago, that they played the top 40 superedit version that was meant for a top 40 station and not a rock station like KEGL 97.1 The Eagle cause it was in the computer library, but i think i heard the rock radio edit version recently in the last few months on the same station.

After Nipplegate, stations that had been playing the mild-profanity versions of 70s and 80s hits all of a sudden dug up that single mix.

I know WKFR in Kalamazoo wouldn't air Cause I Got High in 2001 only time was late at night it was National radio program All Night Café at the time. Now it's just IPod for the overnight they sign off at 7PM at night with Pop Crush At Night. Only know this when I lost power back in early March because the winds were gusting over 50MPH it use to be Billy Bush Show at 7PM back in 2011 lost power due to an ice storm in Feb 2011.

My Hot AC censored the word "sex" in "That's What I Like" by Bruno Mars, and "high" in "Cold Water" by Major Lazor and Justin Bieber.

yes, possibly, i know in the past few years since KEGL in Dallas went back to rock almost 10 years ago, that they played the top 40 superedit version that was meant for a top 40 station and not a rock station like KEGL 97.1 The Eagle cause it was in the computer library, but i think i heard the rock radio edit version recently in the last few months on the same station.

I don't know if other stations did this but I remembered back in 2001, KEGL played "Down With the Sickness" by Disturbed and was almost (key word: almost) uncensored. The F and S (along with B) words were not censored. However, the part of the song where the singer tells his mom to go "f- off and die" was still cut off (still airing the "mommy, why do you have to be a b-" part). Almost a couple of years later, KEGL flipped to AC "Sunny" with sister KDGE (former alternative "The Edge," now AC "Star 102.1") started leaning alternative/active rock and played "Down With the Sickness" pretty much censored, including cutting off the entire "no mommy, go f- off and die" segment.

I was listening again last night. And they did it again. I forgot the name of the song and for some reason the iHeart app just displayed "Philly's Real 106.1". The lyrics of the song go "I want to lick lick lick you from your head to your toes" And they edited out the multiple utterances of the word "lick". Back in the day I remember that song in regular rotation on HOT 93.7 CBS's Hip-Hop station in Hartford and from time to time they still dig it out and they play the song with the multiple utterance of the word "lick" in tact.

In 1995, when iHeart's WEND went on the air in Charlotte (I don't know who the owner was back then) they played a Green Day song (I don't remember how I knew it was them) with the S-word and the F-word. When I called them I was told "We are a private business".

In 1995, when iHeart's WEND went on the air in Charlotte (I don't know who the owner was back then) they played a Green Day song (I don't remember how I knew it was them) with the S-word and the F-word. When I called them I was told "We are a private business".

That was probably the song "Longview." It WAS edited, I've heard/played that radio edit. It's BARELY edited, but technically is.

That was probably the song "Longview." It WAS edited, I've heard/played that radio edit. It's BARELY edited, but technically is.
I don't think you are referring to the version I heard because I clearly heard the words in that situation. I've heard it edited.

I'm sitting here in front of my laptop. I'm listening to Philly's Real 106.1 on the iHeart radio app. They play mostly throwback hip-hop. They played "My Name Is" by Eminem and in addition to the obvious words in that song they also censored these words:

1. impregnate
2. drugs
3. dope
4. breast
5. tits

I refer you to "I Dig Rock and Roll Music" by the Mamas & Papas. Current musicians are apparently too stupid to understand or they are hunting for pure shock value. Either way, their music is worthless.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom