• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KGOW Silent Sunday

ThatVoice22

Frequent Participant
As if KGOW AM 1560 hasn’t had enough trouble with its daytime signal (since last year’s flooding event, forcing it to broadcast from the lower power highly directional night array), it’s been dead-air today from 1115am to my last check at 330pm. It’s a rare time to hear 1.5KW KWBC AM 1550 in College Station. Since the sale of Yahoo Sports, KGOW now broadcasts SB Nation, but does anyone care . . .

I'm guessing this isn't some sort of special weekend, like a 'Motown weekend' or some other theme. Perhaps KGOW could market it as the 'Sounds of Silence'.

I'm guessing this isn't some sort of special weekend, like a 'Motown weekend' or some other theme. Perhaps KGOW could market it as the 'Sounds of Silence'.
We have five sports talk stations in town and we are in the middle of the summer dead zone for sports. One less station wouldn't hurt, especially since they are talking about friggin baseball all the time right now (personally I think baseball talk is about as entertaining as an organic chemistry lecture, but that's just me).

Now, had they gone off the air during week 1 of college or pro football...that's another story.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom