• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KFOG 10at10 questions

sdubose99

Hi, couple questions about KFOG's old 10at10, which I loved.

1) Is there a downloadable archive of 10at10s with Dave Morey?

2) If I had a ton of them (I do from 2012-2015), could there be legal issues (copyright, etc) if I shared mine?

2) If I had a ton of them (I do from 2012-2015), could there be legal issues (copyright, etc) if I shared mine?

1) AKAIK, there is no archive. At one time KFOG was posting shows on their website after they aired but they stopped that when they ran into licensing issues. (that may have been after AnnaLisa took over in 2009).

2) It may depend on what you mean by "share" -- if you want to trade files with people that's one thing; if you want to post them on a website, you could have the same problem KFOG did. But I'm not a lawyer.

BTW, if you're a big 10@10 fan there is a web version being done by SoundwavesTV.com, hosted by Dennis Willis (erstwhile KGO film critic) and featuring Dave Morey doing Don Pardo's old announcer role. There are also many 10@10s (and 9@9s) on stations around the country. One of the best is on The Peak, in suburban NYC -- they're a triple-A that is a lot like the KFOG of apx 10 years ago, and they have "adopted" the disenfranchised Fogheads who now listen to The Peak online. They give shout-outs to SF quite often

2) It may depend on what you mean by "share" -- if you want to trade files with people that's one thing; if you want to post them on a website, you could have the same problem KFOG did.

I agree if we're talking about posting audio files. Posting audio files of music requires royalty payments.

If the OP is posting text files of the ten titles in a NON-COMMERCIAL setting, it might be OK, as long as it was credited with a disclaimer. But if one attempts to use the titles to make money, it becomes a legal issue.

Not much different than http://www.las-solanas.com/arsa/index.php where there are thousands of music charts and playlists. Posting a list of music played is not protected material unless you got the lists from a copyrighted source. And attribution is appropriate... even if not required legally.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom