• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Changes at CBS Radio-Entercom San Diego

On KSON's website they've given an actual time: Thu. 11/16/2017 at 9:30 PM.
But on-air they are saying the switch will occur at 9 PM PT / Midnight ET.
Likely the soonest they could do this - but can't legally announce the change until the merger happens officially.

Edit: Just announced on-air: "We're going to 103.7!"

http://www.kson.com/events/ksons-moving-day

Now whether that is for the actual move -or- just an announcement of where they are headed, we'll see...

Also, keep ears on KSOQ 92.1 - I would assume that the flip to Air1 is soon upon us.

Meanwhile, over at Energy 103.7, Moving Day is currently scheduled for Monday 11/20/2017.

http://twitter.com/ENERGY1037SD/status/931274620124119041/video/1

Last edited:
Over at Energy 103.7 (KEGY), the 9 PM ID said "KSON San Diego 97.3 - Energy 97~3"

Over at KSON 97.3, the 9 PM ID said "KEGY San Diego's #1 for New Country 103~7 KSON"

The actual switch occurred at about 9:04:20 PM PT with the country format appearing on 103.7 with a second TOH ID played.

The actual call letter switch may not actually be in place yet - the reason for the "conflicting" IDs.

The CHR format is off-air as I post - the Country format is on both 97.3 + 103.7.
The CHR format *is* continuing on the "Energy" webstream.
After hearing a DJ break on the stream, it appears that they will be the only place to hear "Energy 97.3" through the weekend -
only through the stream, website, apps and social media is "Energy 97.3" continuing the CHR format and
communicating with its audience that it will appear on 97.3 on Monday morning 11/20/2017.

The priority seems to be to promote the country format switch over the CHR switch with country being simulcast on 97.3 + 103.7 until 11/20/17.

The Air1 format is indeed on 92.1 - I didn't tune over until about 9:15 PM, but I assume that the changeover occurred at approximately 9:00-9:05 PM PT.

Last edited:
KSOQ changed early in the day. At 1:30 this afternoon I already heard Christian Contemporary Music and the full format (Air 1?) in place. energy1037.radio.com already shows San Diego's Energy 97.3FM

KSON is going to have to get Bob Kingsley to record a new TOH ID as it is still saying 97.3 and 92.1 during the Country Top 40 show this morning.

Now that everyone is located at the new location in Kearny Mesa Entercom has decided to play musical chairs with the on air talent:

First an email that I got from Sunny:

We’re excited to introduce you to the newest members of the Sunny 98.1 team, AJ & Sara in the Morning, beginning tomorrow, February 1st from 5am – 9am on the New Sunny 98.1! We couldn’t be happier to have AJ, Sara, and their producer Hula join us!

After AJ & Sara in the Morning, Dave Mason will keep you company during the midday from 9a-2p and he’ll have your favorite Greatest Hits with the Sunny 12 Noon Commercial Free Music Hour! Gene Knight maintains your afternoon-drive from 2pm to 7pm and Brooks O’Brian will round out your evenings from 7pm to midnight.

and an email from KYXY:

We're excited to welcome back Susan DeVincent to Mornings on KyXy! Tomorrow and every weekday, she'll be starting your workday with over an hour of commercial-free music with "Kyxy's 8am Commercial Free Workday Kick-off"

Beginning Friday, AJ Mornings will move to our sister-station Sunny 98.1. AJ, Sara and Hula will all be there.

Tomorrow is also the debut of the newest member of the KyXy air staff, Dorothy Tran, who'll host Mid-days. Joe Rosati is moving to afternoon drive and Sherry Knight will continue to hold down evenings.

It all begins tomorrow on KyXy 96.5, giving you Today's Hits and Yesterday's Favorites!

I wouldn’t say it wasn’t touched. Moving from 103.7 to 97.3 was a pretty significant change. I suspect, though, that 97.3 will eventually end up sports.

I wouldn’t say it wasn’t touched. Moving from 103.7 to 97.3 was a pretty significant change. I suspect, though, that 97.3 will eventually end up sports.

Yes, technically your right, but the swap was done for the benefit of KSON not energy. A few weeks ago I thought about them rebranding the alternative format using the alt name but I thought if they did that they would relaunch it on 97.3 and put sports on 94.9. I’m guessing sports will end up on 97.3 now. If they wanted to flip to another music format they probably would have done it by now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom