Changes at CBS Radio-Entercom San Diego - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Changes at CBS Radio-Entercom San Diego

They have been promoting "moving day" for a few weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliRadioFan View Post
    They have been promoting "moving day" for a few weeks now.
    The super fans will hear it. The casual ones won't. It'll take a while to get everyone to catch up. They may simulcast on both frequencies for a while before making the format change at 97.3.

As it was once explained to me, "Nobody is really listening. So long as you sound comfortable and like yourself, it doesn't matter much what you say."

Case in point, at my last radio job, we were in desperate need of part-timers and came across a receptionist at a local office. She had a good personality and voice over the phone. So, the boss decided we were going to train her. He reasoned that, if she didn't work out, it was one less shift he was going to have to work the coming weekend. Her first day on-air, she accidentally referred to a certain band as "Hootie and the Bulls**t" during the top-of-the-hour while frontselling the upcoming songs. Total number of calls we got about it? Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    The super fans will hear it. The casual ones won't. It'll take a while to get everyone to catch up. They may simulcast on both frequencies for a while before making the format change at 97.3.
    It turns out that my prediction about KSON and Energy swapping frequencies post-merger came true after all. When I first saw the news, I thought at Entercom was going to first blow up Energy, move KSON to 103.7, and then flip 97.3 to a new format.

I looked up the coverage maps for iHeartMedia's Channel 93.3 and 97.3 KSON, and I found out that the signals for both stations seem to be identical. I don't know how long will Energy last on 97.3, considering rumors that Entercom could eventually flip 97.3 to Sports, allowing Entercom to move the Padres off of 94.9 by the time baseball season begins in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by miketheradioguy View Post
    It turns out that my prediction about KSON and Energy swapping frequencies post-merger came true after all.
    Do tell us when you predicted that SON and Energy were trading places.

Quote Originally Posted by ksradiogeek View Post
    Do tell us when you predicted that SON and Energy were trading places.
    When Entercom announced their first divestitures in March.

I still smell smoke with half of this...
    The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers. Retweets are not endorsements.

I can't wait to see who's going to catch the audio of the flip this Friday.

Hearing the merger has been pushed up and will take place in about an hour. The move of KSON to 103.7 will apparently be happening at midnight Pacific Time instead of the originally scheduled time.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast