• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Denon 951/961 CD Player Settings

bnesound

New Participating Member
I don't know if anyone can help me but I am trying to set up my Denon CD players so they can be started by remote control.

The "D3" function instructions in the manual are clear as mud. Does anyone know what the settings are so I can use the front panel controls plus a remote start switch?

A picture of the digital readout with the correct settings would be awesome.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

After you get to the D3 preset, the first position should be flashing (under Index) - that is is Remote Inhibit bit. Press the Select knob to change it from 0 to 1. Press the Stby/Cue button until D7 is displayed, then press it once again to store the preset. Connect the remote start switch to pins 2 and 23 on the remote connector.

I wish other internet forums were like this one. Here, as in this thread, somebody asks how to do something, and then... somebody posts the answer. the REAL answer.

Had this been any APPLE forum, the answer would have been ... it's designed to work the way it works. you don't need to be making any changes. this is why the settings are locked. steve jobs knows more than you do.

if it was an automotive forum, the answer would be for a different model. for instance, one issue i was trying to solve suggested that this car has another fuse box, it's under the rear seat. except that under rear seat fuse box was for a totally different year than the question, and the next poster had pulled his rear seat out finding no fuse box.

thanks for a great forum.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom