• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Reelworld Jingles Just Don't Cut it

What do you think of Reelworld jingles?

• Total voters

polaris

Well folks... the title really says it all. First of all, let me say that I'm a millennial. I like top 40 --or some of it anyway-- and like listening to Z100 now and again. But I just can't stomach some Reelworld jingles, especially the new KOST ones. Also, the new RW CBS-FM jingles just plain suck! What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Well folks... the title really says it all. First of all, let me say that I'm a millennial. I like top 40 --or some of it anyway-- and like listening to Z100 now and again. But I just can't stomach some Reelworld jingles, especially the new KOST ones. Also, the new RW CBS-FM jingles just plain suck! What do you guys think?

I'm also a "millennial", and while I think RW jingles work well with today's rhythmic pop music, I've always found them to be too loud and obnoxious when put next to older and/or lighter sounds. Plus, I'm just generally not crazy about their vocal style. The AC format has at least evolved enough where they don't sound so out of place, but it's really a shame that Classic Hits stations are dropping the more classic sounding JAM and TM jingles in favor of these flashy autotuned sounds.

I'm also a "millennial", and while I think RW jingles work well with today's rhythmic pop music, I've always found them to be too loud and obnoxious when put next to older and/or lighter sounds. Plus, I'm just generally not crazy about their vocal style. The AC format has at least evolved enough where they don't sound so out of place, but it's really a shame that Classic Hits stations are dropping the more classic sounding JAM and TM jingles in favor of these flashy autotuned sounds.

Thank you. I would rather, for example, hear flame thrower or warp factor or positron or something like that then "109,3... *breath* K-Hits"! That just makes my blood turn to ice. It doesn't match with any classic hits record that I can think of. Quite frankly, they just suck. Don't get me wrong; if I was programming a CHR station, RW would probably be my first pick, followed almost neck and neck with TM's new TM Evo library. But classic hits and classic rock deserve something much less modern and screechy, and something that actually sounds like what I'm playing.

A year or two ago when KHits (WJMK), here in Chicago, along with all the other CBS ones across the country started playing their new jingles packages, I noted how the top of the hour ID now sucked on CRM. It just doesn't work... Many seemed to agree with me. The old Jam sourced ones worked with the "Hits" style format and should've been left alone.

I even complained to Jeffro about them and he said there was nothing he could do. It was a corporate decision.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom