• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WJNT-FM1 is now...

Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't find a way to get a translator for 103.3 MHz so there would be no need to advertise a change in frequencies. They could have made a seamless transition from the booster to the translator.

Edit to add: I see they also have an authorization for a translator on 103.5, which necessitated taking the booster off air. Still, had they gotten a translator on 103.3 first, seems it would have worked to their (marketing) advantage.

Last edited:
Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't find a way to get a translator for 103.3 MHz so there would be no need to advertise a change in frequencies. They could have made a seamless transition from the booster to the translator.

Edit to add: I see they also have an authorization for a translator on 103.5, which necessitated taking the booster off air. Still, had they gotten a translator on 103.3 first, seems it would have worked to their (marketing) advantage.

will wjdx 620, get a translator ?

Hey all -

WJNT-FM1 is now DWJNT-FM1, meaning its FCC authorization is deleted:

http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/getimportletter_exh.cgi?import_letter_id=76935

With WOAD on 103.5 FM and WJNT fulltime on 96.9 FM, the nighttime booster for WJNT is history. It was under a running Special Temporary Authority for over 15 years, I believe.

--- Casual Observer

Longer than that - WJNT-FM started operating under STA in December, 1999. It moved twice to a new frequency - operating under STA meant it had no protection from any licensed facility, including LPFM. Hate to see it go, but no need for it now that WJNT-AM has a translator on 96.9

RFB

Longer than that - WJNT-FM started operating under STA in December, 1999. It moved twice to a new frequency - operating under STA meant it had no protection from any licensed facility, including LPFM. Hate to see it go, but no need for it now that WJNT-AM has a translator on 96.9

RFB

Yea, and the 96.9 seem to be getting out great (also Terry Woods) is on 24 hrs at 102.5

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom