New sports format launches on 97.3 - Page 6
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New sports format launches on 97.3

The problem is that will typically not get the FCC to investigate. If you bring them evidence, they do. Photos, power measurements on a calibrated unit by an engineer, especially if they're seen the name on other applications or know of the person really helps. In this day and age the FCC expects you to do some of the work to show your complaint is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by b-turner View Post
    The problem is that will typically not get the FCC to investigate. If you bring them evidence, they do. Photos, power measurements on a calibrated unit by an engineer, especially if they're seen the name on other applications or know of the person really helps. In this day and age the FCC expects you to do some of the work to show your complaint is legit.
    I'll try to snag some shots of the antennas for the translators on the ATC stick in Missouri City this week.

I don't have a dog in this fight at the moment, but the engineer in me is really curious to see how a 250W translator that is directionalized away from Spring has such a phenomenal signal there.

Quote Originally Posted by b-turner View Post
    Some that post here are upset a translator or LPFM is bumping in the 40 dbu.
    KTHT, KFNC, and KTJM are being interfered well within their protected contours by 98.7 and 97.3

KTWL starts battling the 105.3 translator right at the edge of their 60 dbu service contour.

These ain't some little translators "bumping" the fringes of other stations. They are a real nuisance to broadcasters and their listeners/advertisers.

Wow Houston is so different than San Antonio, we used to have lots of overpowered stations but now none that I'm aware of. There are a few with bad quality or off air or low power though.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaTX View Post
    KTHT, KFNC, and KTJM are being interfered well within their protected contours by 98.7 and 97.3

KTWL starts battling the 105.3 translator right at the edge of their 60 dbu service contour.

These ain't some little translators "bumping" the fringes of other stations. They are a real nuisance to broadcasters and their listeners/advertisers.
    No issues receiving KTHT here, but I am relatively close to their transmitter site.

KFNC, KTJM, and KTWL are getting blown out by the translators, in Spring near I-45 and the Grand Parkway.

At one point, KTWL was running advertisements for a concert at Main Street Crossing in Tomball... because of K287BQ, KTWL is no longer receivable at that location.

No sign of K247CP this morning, I was able to listen to KFNC with no issues on my drive to work.

Quote Originally Posted by tb_ View Post
    No sign of K247CP this morning, I was able to listen to KFNC with no issues on my drive to work.
    Maybe they got forced off air by KFNC.

You'd think the FCC would be worried about all the illegals - translators, that is, ones that do not conform to power or location of the actual transmitter.

Quote Originally Posted by AnyHuman View Post
    Maybe they got forced off air by KFNC.
    Spoke too soon... it's back, drowning out KFNC again.

Well perhaps they're reading these forums and playing with our emotions! Ha ha ha!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast