• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

HD Radio website

tested

Frequent Participant
I've complained about this before, but it's worth repeating: the people behind the HD Radio website need to get their act together.
I purchased an HD radio about two years ago now and scanned through the dial to find all the stations I could. I also looked at the HD Radio website to see if there were any I was missing. It was apparent to me the site had not been updated in a very long time. Formats were out of date and several stations listed as HD are not broadcasting in HD. Several HD-2 and HD-3 stations listed on the site simply do not exist.

Worst of all, if I type in my specific zip code, it says I have zero HD stations available even though I am in a suburb of a major city that has dozens of HD stations. How in the world do they expect to sell the public on this technology if they can't get simple things like this right?

I doubt anyone beyond industry insiders and tech geeks use the website. Most people just hit the 'seek' button.

That said, I do agree with you on the website, it's atrocious and always has been outdated and wrong.

I doubt anyone beyond industry insiders and tech geeks use the website.
Most people just hit the 'seek' button.
Most people click slowly up the dial to check for anything they might be interested in,
and then preset their favorite AM talk and sports stations with less RF interference but more delay.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom