• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Syndicated offerings of 2017--where are they headed?

Will not know until mid or late July until where the syndication shows will be on. I think the only time that I knew a syndication show was going to be on a local channel was CW7 in 2011 when Big Bang Theory came to syndie in fall of 2011 in late May.

Page Six TV is in over 90% of the country my guess either on Nexstar station WOTV/WXSP or TEGNA's WZZM replacing The Insider at 7:30PM.

Funny You Should Ask is in over 95% of the country think it will be on WXSP late at night as Nexstar plays a lot of Byron Allen shows other than Kick'in It which is on WZZM.

Daily Mail 66% of the Country mainly on Sinclair, Tribune & Gray stations guessing it will be on Fox17 or maybe CW7 my opinion Fox17 gets Daily Mail higher profile station than CW7.

Top 30 in over 70% of the country was test run on Fox O&O's a few Media General stations which WOTV aired last June & Sinclair 2 stations.

Daily Blast Live TEGNA stations only WZZM guessing 10AM as that is where T.D. Jakes show was at maybe be aired at a later afternoon if they want to move Hot Bench or Judge Judy Hot Bench 3PM full hour Judge Judy 4PM full hour. That is all I got for the snydie shows.

Saw a promo on KCYU/KFFX (Fox) a while back for 'Mom' five nights a week in the fall. Suspect it replaces one rerun of Last Man Standing, or one rerun of Two Broke Girls.

So who's leaving? For sitcoms, I suspect Raising Hope, Rules of Engagement, maybe Friends and maybe Anger Management. Friends can be seen on TBS about 37x/week anyways. I don't see Two and a Half Men or Seinfeld going anywhere, anytime soon. 'Men' reruns are still in the top 25 in syndication!

Oh dear, Impractical Jokers...sounds like something The CW Plus would bury in late night, or not run at all in Yakima/Tri-Cities.

So who's leaving? For sitcoms, I suspect Raising Hope, Rules of Engagement, maybe Friends and maybe Anger Management. Friends can be seen on TBS about 37x/week anyways. I don't see Two and a Half Men or Seinfeld going anywhere, anytime soon. 'Men' reruns are still in the top 25 in syndication!

I agree that Raising Hope, Rules, Anger Management gone.

Page Six TV website is up and running www.pagesix.com/tv just has a promo video, about the show and host bios that's it no TV stations listed as of now late July or Aug when the stations will be listed. I saw on Twitter today that Page Six TV premier is Sep 18 one of host or reporter on the show said it when I looked up Page Six TV doesn't say it on the website. I thought that Page Six TV was going to premier Sep 11 a week earlier but I guess I was wrong on that wonder if that means The Insiders ends it's run on Sep 15.

Just wondering any promos out in any markets yet. Isn't going to rollout until mid to late July for West Michigan market so in a couple to a few weeks to go. Other than Kidsclick on the Sinclair stations.

"Friends" is in the same camp as Seinfeld and Two and A Half Man....Stations and advertisers still want it, not going anywhere.

I still see Friends being knocked out of syndication. It airs constantly on TBS and where I live is buried to 12:05AM. Two and a Half Men reruns are in the top 25 every week, so it's safe at least through the end of the decade. Seinfeld still gets successful ratings in syndication. KSTW Seattle still airs the reruns in a double run (10-11PM), they acquired them from KIRO around 1999/2000.
I'd say the losers in September are Raising Hope, King of the Hill and Rules of Engagement; plus possibly Friends.

I'm ready to disagree with you on Friends, but the last word I'm seeing about the current cycle has it ending in 2017. So you may be right.

Word is 'Wonderama' has been picked up for a second season on all the Tribune/Sinclair stations for late afternoon weekend's. (Season One was a tryout on a handful of stations)

Friends comes on Fox17 at 1:30AM no double run they use to do double runs when they got the rights for Friends from WoodTV/WXSP in June 2006. It was on in early access prime at 6PM with a double run I think once Fox17 decided to put news at 6PM they put it on late nights. King Of The Hill still is in Top 25 although it's time to put that show to rest had a great run, Rules, Raising Hope, Anger Management as well. I'm surprise The Simpsons reruns are still running since there not in the Top 25 for years even know there still making shows which will out lives us all LOL.

The Simpsons aren't rated because there are no national commercials. KIMA/KEPR has had The Simpsons at 7:30 for most if not all of their 23 years in syndication. Very odd knowing they are CBS affiliates. They air Big Bang reruns at 7, which used to be Family Guy years ago! Now Family Guy is cleared on the national CW Plus schedule (their DT2).

The Simpsons aren't rated because there are no national commercials.

The Simpson syndicated airings are rated, but only in the local market Nielsen books. Any "national advertisers" in the syndicated Simpson showings are spot buys, not national buys that are part of the syndication package.

There are national syndication ratings, but they are based on compiling each market into a national number. Since the syndicator does not sell the show with some availabilities included (all the avails are used for station-to-client sales) the show is not included in published national ratings but the syndicator can quire easily make such a compilation.

Last edited:
http://www.tvnewscheck.com/tag/syndication Cityline or some new show saw a promo for KCWE Mornings,Steve Harvey new Show replacing existing one on KMBC,Page Six replacing Celebrity Name Game maybe FOX4KC same with Judge Judy's Game Show one exispode of Judge Judy or Family Fued exispode or putting Newscast at 4pm with Judge Judy moving.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom