• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

April Ratings - WCNN listed (is this the first time?)

WGST is trailing WGKA two books in a row now.

WCNN has been listed for the past several months. As good a pitchman as David Dickey is, it's hard to sell without quantifying what you have.

Is WZGC 100KW? Don't believe so but agree, they should be performing better than they are. Not to say they are performing poorly however.

Radio 1057 is dreadful and as an alternative music fan, allow me to say good riddance and take it off already. IHEART does a piss poor job at alternative anyway and would rather see a different station try the modern rock format regardless if it be alternative, active or a hybrid of both. I do note Rock 100.5 showing the their highest numbers I can ever remember.

Both iheart country and top 40 made a leap as well. Turn around? Perhaps.

It's sad to think that at one time WGST was giving WSB a run for their money, beating them sometimes. Now, they are a placeholder for iHeart/Premiere shows that no one in the ATL wants.

And to think that WGKA is just doing the same thing for Salem...and beating iHeartClearChannel and WGST at it, too.

Is WZGC 100KW? Don't believe so but agree, they should be performing better than they are. Not to say they are performing poorly however.

Only 64kW. I think when they moved off of the Peachtree Plaza way back when in the process they also downgraded from a C0 to a C1 and also reduced power somewhere along the way. Someone else may have better info. They were 100kW or thereabouts at one time.

WZGC may not have the ratings but I can guarantee you they have the billings. It doesn't take much in the way of ratings to sell sportstalk, vs. a saturated music format (looking at the CHR landscape in the ATL).

Only 64kW. I think when they moved off of the Peachtree Plaza way back when in the process they also downgraded from a C0 to a C1 and also reduced power somewhere along the way. Someone else may have better info. They were 100kW or thereabouts at one time.

WZGC may not have the ratings but I can guarantee you they have the billings. It doesn't take much in the way of ratings to sell sportstalk, vs. a saturated music format (looking at the CHR landscape in the ATL).

From Peachtree Plaza, WZGC was less than 1,000 feet. I believe they were downgraded to a C1 around 1989 when they made the decision to stay at that site while 94.1, the other FM on the tower, moved to the new tower built by Summit, which needed the height for V-103. When WZGC moved to the Richland site several years ago, they decreased wattage to 64,000 but gained antenna height.

Ownership of the New Street site reverted from Summit to Public Broadcasting of Atlanta, which used the tower for WPBA-TV. When the digital conversion took place and WPBA moved off the tower, PBA's WABE-FM took its place at the top.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom