• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KBXD 1480 In Dallas For Rent

I've been hearing a loop announcement with a Ricky Martin Uno Dos Trace song soliciting renting the radio station. It's been like this for several weeks. Apparently no one is biting. I wonder how much they are charging?

MS

Dallas Fort Worth has always had healthy rates for leasing as well as advertising. At a bare minimum, I'd suspect about $36,000 but with the FM translator proliferation it can drive an AM without a translator down in the actual rate achieved. Rates really vary by market and coverage. I've seen major market rates (larger markets) as low as about $25,000 and as high as $80,000 a month. Amazingly in number of people in the primary listening area is not much different in regard to price. I think this is because a company willing to lease has an amount budgeted and for a station to accept them, the station must live within the client's budget to some extent.

And last night I heard Spanish Christian programming on 1480 in southern Colorado. Not KAVA Pueblo 35 mi ESE of me, their 107 watts directs away from me. I think it's the newly resurrected (pardon the pun) KBXD.

Question is: are they using their day pattern at 50 kW? It seemed quite clear and steady. Granted they have a major lobe of their 1.9 kW night pattern pointing right up towards Colorado. Perhaps some of you living in the sharp nulls (Dallas* - Wichita and Dallas* - Houston) can better verify if KBXD is running at night power/pattern.

* apx. the SE side water treatment plant to be more precise

I cant hear KBXD in East Texas. What is the station running now?

Could you hear this station before? 50 kw on 1480 is about like 1 kw on 550...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom