Digital Killed the Radio Star NOT Video - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digital Killed the Radio Star NOT Video

Quote Originally Posted by The Beat View Post
    I hear the lyric to that song as "accountants" killed the radio star.
    That may have been a popular opinion a few years ago. But these days, there has been a renewed interest in radio talent, and even the companies with the biggest debt are hiring talent or renewing their contracts.

Unless you can stream internet stations thru your cell phone, you can't really listen to internet stations in the car on the way to work.

Quote Originally Posted by wa2ise View Post
    Unless you can stream internet stations thru your cell phone, you can't really listen to internet stations in the car on the way to work.
    Practically every model of car has this, at least as an option, for many years now. I drove a solid 30 miles running errands this morning, and I could have listened to whatever streaming service I wanted the entire time.
    "Its music what makes a radio station, and at Live FM, we play the last music around."
    After receiving that copy, I quit the VO industry.

If by "Radio Star" you mean popular music then video, more specifically, music videos definitely killed what was once world class pop music.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Quote Originally Posted by gr8oldies View Post
    I found it interesting (though not really) that the people working on a roof next door had the local classic rock station playing all day while they were working on the roof. Not Pandora playing on a laptop, not Spotify, and they didn't create a 12 hour personal playlist of obscure favorites. They didn't even climb off the ladder to change the station when commercials came on to switch the station. Go figure.
    I noticed my next-door neighbors playing a country station that I was not familiar with; upon closer listening, I determined that the station was from somewhere in Illinois! (As you can tell by my state flag, I live nowhere near Illinois.)

Quote Originally Posted by firepoint525 View Post
    I noticed my next-door neighbors playing a country station that I was not familiar with; upon closer listening, I determined that the station was from somewhere in Illinois! (As you can tell by my state flag, I live nowhere near Illinois.)
    Wow, they found a station that hadn't geo-blocked their stream yet. I used to listen to a rock station two states away -- and then they geo-blocked their signal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12