• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WMEX?

I think one if not both of them have ownership positions in the station.

"Renegade Radio" my arse, "Low IQ Radio" is more like it.

Yeah, one of them is an owner in some way. The other guy was needling him one morning because owner-dude didn't show up on time to do the shift, basically saying "yeah when you're the boss you can decide when to show up to work".

I tried listening to them as an alternative to Hank Stoltz when he got the axe from WCRN. I couldn't listen for more than 15-20 minutes, basically had to shut it off when they had a fake retarded kid come on and do the "news". I guess they're trying to be funny. Simply wasn't.

This week while driving home from work I noticed that Tim Constantine has been on during the 6PM hour. Has the screechy badge bunny been in court, or something?

This week while driving home from work I noticed that Tim Constantine has been on during the 6PM hour. Has the screechy badge bunny been in court, or something?

maybe she has to be home by 7 for curfew.... leave the house only for work, church, Dr's appts, lawyer.... 7PM to 7 Am curfew with a monitoring bracelet

Heard there's a chance McPhee gone from MEX as of 6/2 but nothing on her social media, maybe was to announce?
Anyone hear the show?

Heard there's a chance McPhee gone from MEX as of 6/2 but nothing on her social media, maybe was to announce?
Anyone hear the show?

mcscreamer is leaving wmex.....I heard it earlier....I don't listen to her show...I switch over to Howie at 3pm....but...today I had another radio on in another room and it was tuned into WMEX from when I was listening to a repeat of "Sandy" Nancy Shack Morrison....all I heard was a caller saying that he'll call again before her final show..........back a week or two ago there was a curfluffle about joe shortsleeve, callers were asking his whereabouts and one in particular called about joe not being on the air and mcscreamer leaving...the guys on Renegade Radio confirmed that joe had left the station to run for Timility's seat, BUT, they gave the mcscreamer part a "good leaving alone".........

Yes we were having a twitter conversation about it. McPhee supposedly saying either the station or her show is failing financially and her last show will be June 2 (by co-incidence her first show at 1510 was Monday June 2 of 2015). Rumor has it current format ends June 3. They will sleep with the "fishes" that their signal reaches.
Michele may pop up elsewhere, who knows about Sandy Shack

mcscreamer is leaving wmex.....I heard it earlier....I don't listen to her show...I switch over to Howie at 3pm....but...today I had another radio on in another room and it was tuned into WMEX from when I was listening to a repeat of "Sandy" Nancy Shack Morrison....all I heard was a caller saying that he'll call again before her final show..........back a week or two ago there was a curfluffle about joe shortsleeve, callers were asking his whereabouts and one in particular called about joe not being on the air and mcscreamer leaving...the guys on Renegade Radio confirmed that joe had left the station to run for Timility's seat, BUT, they gave the mcscreamer part a "good leaving alone".........

When did Sandy pick up the "Morrison?" Who is he?

Yes we were having a twitter conversation about it. McPhee supposedly saying either the station or her show is failing financially and her last show will be June 2 (by co-incidence her first show at 1510 was Monday June 2 of 2015). Rumor has it current format ends June 3. They will sleep with the "fishes" that their signal reaches.
Michele may pop up elsewhere, who knows about Sandy Shack

It must be the station, usually radio shows are ratings failers as opposed to financial unless it is a brokered.

When did Sandy pick up the "Morrison?" Who is he?

She doesn't use the name Morrison on air.....her real name is NancyJo McKinstry Shack and she married a guy named Rod Morrison about 5 or 6 years ago...he was in the TV area, not sure what he did or what station he worked for but she occasionally mentions he worked in tv, not sure if he still does.

burning through her contractual pto before the station closes, no doubt. :p

Will she be back in the Howie camp? Steve's OK and Grace is a nice kid but clueless about anything that happened before about 5 years ago.

Or will she be like Eagan and Braude and Joe Matthieu and go to GBH, or BUR? Not necessarily a liberal..how boutbeing part of VB and Kim..or how bout local talk
for Salem's 1260? Have someone buy time like Mrs Kuhner...who is now doing some dollar a holler for RKO
I believe)

Will she be back in the Howie camp? Steve's OK and Grace is a nice kid but clueless about anything that happened before about 5 years ago.

I've always liked Sandy, especially when she was with Howie; she provided a "voice of reason" to the program.

But I never understood why she'd leave to go to 'MEX, from which Howie himself fled when he finally figured out their after-sunset signal sucked way more than 'RKO's, albeit Sandy's show during midday would not have that same problem. I do hope she and Howie parted amicably.

I don't think adding Sandy to the WRKO Morning Show is a good idea. I wish her well and hope she lands somewhere where she gets better ratings and the recognition she deserves.

....from which Howie himself fled when he finally figured out their after-sunset signal sucked way more than 'RKO's,

I don't think that's why he "fled".

He wanted to stay on 680AM, but RKO was playing hardball and not coming to terms with him.

Howie, needed a Boston affiliate to make this whole "network" thing work. He was never vested there...and would never mention WMEX as his Boston affiliate.

When WRKO was ready to come to terms with him, he went back to where he came.

I don't think that's why he "fled".

He wanted to stay on 680AM, but RKO was playing hardball and not coming to terms with him.

Howie, needed a Boston affiliate to make this whole "network" thing work. He was never vested there...and would never mention WMEX as his Boston affiliate.

When WRKO was ready to come to terms with him, he went back to where he came.

I dunno, I seem to remember a certain enthusiasm in his voice on that first Monday afternoon when he was on 'MEX. I was scratching my head, because I could plainly hear how bad their signal was shortly after 4:00 PM that day, and the way he used to carry on about 'RKO's signal now made it seem like he was either sold a bill of goods about 'MEX, or he was, as you say, waiting for 'RKO to come to terms (i.e., come to its senses re Howie's drawing power).

Is Jason Wolfe still in the picture with Howie's network?

Or will she be like Eagan and Braude and Joe Matthieu and go to GBH, or BUR? Not necessarily a liberal..how boutbeing part of VB and Kim..or how bout local talk
for Salem's 1260? Have someone buy time like Mrs Kuhner...who is now doing some dollar a holler for RKO
I believe)

Why punish "Sandy" by putting her on with those two buffoons? I read that kuhner's wife isn't on RKO anymore. We'll find out next week how it all plays out!

Agreed, Grace is a nice kid but she is totally clueless.....I don't mind Steve, he does a good job filling in for Howie....there's no stuttering/stammering and he even gives out the right call in number! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom