• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WCDW Stations Not on TuneIn

Alex Browne

Frequent Participant
The WCDW stations Cool 106.7 and Solid Gold 104.5 (and maybe other WCDWs) have been missing from the TuneIn Radio app for a week or so. Anybody know if it's just a glitch or a permanent departure?

Except for 100.5, they were just there a few minutes ago when I checked for them. My guess would be that they changed streaming providers or addresses. TuneIn isn't as responsive to changes as it was a year ago. So, simple changes take longer, and TuneIn no longer accepts submissions from non-broadcasters.

Last edited:
Except for 100.5, they were just there a few minutes ago when I checked for them. My guess would be that they changed streaming providers or addresses. TuneIn isn't as responsive to changes as it was a year ago. So, simple changes take longer, and TuneIn no longer accepts submissions from non-broadcasters.

Hmmm... still not there on my app. I hope they do return it. I was wondering if they were now geo-blocking the stations. I'm in Florida. I know WROW in Albany geo-blocks on TuneIn: you can get them in New York, but not here in Florida. I don't quite get why a station would geo-block. Is it less expensive to do that?

I'm actually vacationing in Florida right now, and all the stations except 100.5 show up if I browse to Binghamton. I haven't actually tried streaming them, but they're definitely in the directory.

As for geo-fencing, people do it because smaller broadcasters can't monitize an audience outside of the normal listening area but still have to pay for every song played. Streaming is an expensive service, both in terms of royalties and bandwidth (though you have more bandwidth options than you had 10 years ago). Geo-fencing cuts down on both.

I'm actually vacationing in Florida right now, and all the stations except 100.5 show up if I browse to Binghamton. I haven't actually tried streaming them, but they're definitely in the directory.

Yes, they are in still the directory. When I try to stream them, however, I get an error message: "We're sorry. An error occurred with this stream. Please try again later."

Not that anyone is losing sleep over it, but the stations appear to be back on TuneIn Radio.

As of today, TuneIn says their stream (Equinox) is not compatible with their player. But wow, about time they bring a hip hop station to the area. Just wish they can update their streams so I can hear Hot 92.9

As of today, TuneIn says their stream (Equinox) is not compatible with their player.

They have been inaccessible from TuneIn for some time now. I live in Florida (used to live in Bingo) and I now listen to their Solid Gold 104.5 -- a very good oldies station -- via their website.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom