Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: LA's Oldies/80s 'Consultant' speaks about the new K-SURF

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by landtuna View Post
    I wish the robo-callers felt the same way.
    Since robo-dialers are computers, they really don't have feelings at all.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by landtuna View Post
    Perhaps the Geezers just accept those obnoxious commercials as the price of "free" TV or use the lengthy ones to visit the, uh, "necessary" room. Or maybe it just takes the Geezers more time to find that bag of chips or fix a sandwich (after they find their glasses). Or, it could be that Geezers listen actively to AM radio and use Geezer-TV as something to put them to sleep. It's complicated.
    This geezer has XM and Spotify and Prime music as well as Prime video, Hulu, Britbox and Netflix. I have cable, but most of the time I watch the OTT offerings. I can use all the audio sources in the car, and the video can follow me on my tablet and laptop.

I have many friends and neighbors who use these and more, and some that use fewer of them. But the idea that seniors are inept technophobes is a bit exaggerated.
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

Since robo-dialers are computers, they really don't have feelings at all.
    Actually, robo-dialers are computers but the robo-callers are people.

I have discovered having an internet based phone is a great way to avoid them as I can take advantage of other published 'ignore' number lists as well as add my own to the list. No more depending upon the gubmint's no-call list.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

I'd bet for sure that they are not going to spend on any specialty shows on the weekend unless they can get someone to do them for free. It's too much of a hassle doing extra music scheduling and monitoring to see if they run correctly given the fact that selling such shows is really unlikely.
    Having an all 70s weekend or a super 60s, number ones, beach summer songs, ....etc.....is an easy thing to do. Not rocket science.

Quite frankly, most such unsolicited opinions, particularly from out of market, are handled either with a waste basket or the delete key.
    Im trying not to laugh to the negativity......again.....
    Celebrating 64 Years of Rock & Roll Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by oldies76 View Post
    Having an all 70s weekend or a super 60s, number ones, beach summer songs, ....etc.....is an easy thing to do. Not rocket science.
    They've been operating as an oldies stations for a few years...have they ever done any specialty shows that you can name? Ever?

Im trying not to laugh to the negativity......again.....
    Reality sometimes sucks when it gets in the way of preconceived notions.

I have many friends and neighbors who use these and more, and some that use fewer of them. But the idea that seniors are inept technophobes is a bit exaggerated.
    I totally agree however I am one of those geezers who likes his peace and quiet so I carry a minimum of technology around with me.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Agreed. I can hear it now: Help, I've fallen and I can't reach my phone to take a selfie.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    They've been operating as an oldies stations for a few years...have they ever done any specialty shows that you can name? Ever?
    None specifically, but there is always opportunity to try "new" and adventurous things, especially when youre trying to sound old school. The classic Firecracker 300 is a great beginning. The listeners would love it, especially the 55+ You may not, however.

Just because its 2019 doesnt mean stations cant return to original programming. The Game Show network still airs classic Dick Clark Pyramid shows from the 80s.....capiche?
    Last edited by oldies76; 06-04-2019 at 05:31 PM.
    Celebrating 64 Years of Rock & Roll Classics!

None specifically, but there is always opportunity to try "new" and adventurous things
    Except they don't have any staff to carry out these things...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314