• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

106.9 Tower

Gunsmoke

Banned
I usually pass the WKVP tower on 130 a few times a week and it's always the most barest tower I've ever seen except for the four bay on the top. Today I noticed a new two bay antenna right below the four bay which is odd for this tower that never has anything on it. Is there an application for a new FM in the area?

So that explains why they were off air for a few hours today! I wonder if it has anything to do with WHAT-AM or some other new LPFM?

Why would they be off the air? Do they still have the backup in Center City that Merlin built for WWIQ that was supposed to be the primary transmitter on One Liberty Place right below WMMR?

Unless WURD is going to move there instead of the high rise apartment building off city line avenue, maybe Cat Country 96.1 complained about the permit. But that would take them out of the area of the listeners they serve.

Last edited:
Ha ha that was the WMMR flamethrower up there for years at 670 feet with 29kw before they moved to liberty ...I just passed the 106.9 tower today, there is a round black dish between the two bay antenna..Dont know what that's all about lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom