• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1210 am wpht

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hard time believing that 1210 AM will stay the same like it is now, in the next few weeks and/or months, especially once Entercom takes over the station. I'm amazed that CBS/Entercom haven't made any cuts with 1210 yet.

I have a hard time believing that 1210 AM will stay the same like it is now, in the next few weeks and/or months, especially once Entercom takes over the station. I'm amazed that CBS/Entercom haven't made any cuts with 1210 yet.

There is very little they can cut. And there are, as you have been informed over and over, no other major formats available to an AM station that would produce comparable income and profits.

We're not. What they're doing is working about as well as the format can expect to work here in 2017. As it is, they run just three local shows for 9 hours a day (weekdays). 15 hours of syndication. A mix that seems to be working decently.

We're not. What they're doing is working about as well as the format can expect to work here in 2017. As it is, they run just three local shows for 9 hours a day (weekdays). 15 hours of syndication. A mix that seems to be working decently.

The question is, how long can it last, especially that the format is on AM and the state of talk radio as it is now?

The question is, how long can it last, especially that the format is on AM and the state of talk radio as it is now?

You mean the state of being profitable?

Yes, and also ratings, and relevancy. I would be shocked if they sustain this for years.

Change is much slower than you imagine and the format is still sustainable for quite some time into the future.

Change is much slower than you imagine and the format is still sustainable for quite some time into the future.

On top of which, talk is an amazingly flexible format. It can adapt and evolve to adjust to changing tastes. As revenues drop, CBS/Entercom/Whatever can make minor changes to improve billability. There is no reason at all to expect 1210 to change any time foreseeable.

I have a friend at Entercom that says they're thinking of flipping 1210 to brokered Scandanavian Death Metal during the day and Somali tribal music at night.

I have a friend at Entercom that says they're thinking of flipping 1210 to brokered Scandanavian Death Metal during the day and Somali tribal music at night.

I was told they're going to do Modern AC and call it Max. The research shows that soccer moms love AM.

No no no, they're going to flip it to ancient Gregorian chant during the day and vietnamese jazz at night.

Word around the Psychic Center is that Entercom is looking to hire mediums to hold nightly seances to once again give voice to the legendary WCAU hosts of the past who've "crossed to the other side." Soon we'll again be able to enjoy Jack McKinney. Channeled by and given voice by Madame Sylvia, Jack will once again entertain with telephone talk throughout the Delaware Valley. Jack's very special first night guest will be the late Frank Rizzo.

Word around the Psychic Center is that Entercom is looking to hire mediums to hold nightly seances to once again give voice to the legendary WCAU hosts of the past who've "crossed to the other side." Soon we'll again be able to enjoy Jack McKinney. Channeled by and given voice by Madame Sylvia, Jack will once again entertain with telephone talk throughout the Delaware Valley. Jack's very special first night guest will be the late Frank Rizzo.

#Winner

For the love of all that is holy, just stop. It’s not going to happen. Show me why competing with 610 and its non-existent ratings would be a smart move compared to what they’re currently pulling in.

It. Won’t. Happen.

I won't be shocked if 1210 AM goes all sports to fully compete with beasley's 2 sports stations

As we've pointed out many times, the company that owns 1210 already owns an all sports station: WIP-FM. It's #2 in Philly, it's beating Beasley already, and won't benefit from having an AM simulcast. This won't happen. Come up with something new.

As we've pointed out many times, the company that owns 1210 already owns an all sports station: WIP-FM. It's #2 in Philly, it's beating Beasley already, and won't benefit from having an AM simulcast. This won't happen. Come up with something new.

Sports or going to a format similar like 860 AM imo are the only other options on 1210 AM, if they were to drop the current format, or perhaps move KYW to 1210 AM from 1060. KYW would have a better signal for their news format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom