Paley Center to salute NBC's 90 years this Sunday
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paley Center to salute NBC's 90 years this Sunday

Paley Center to salute NBC's 90 years this Sunday

Apologize if this has already been brought up here. But I love these historical looks at TV history. (In this case, probably TV AND radio!). Some of these type of shows can be somewhat slow and dull, but I will be watching and DVR'ing. Also nice to see The Paley Center celebrating NBC, as most know Paley was the head of CBS for several decades. However, the Paley Center seems to beyond all that and are just concerned with preserving and enhancing media.

Maybe I misread your initial post. I thought this salute was taking place at the Paley Center. Turns out this salute is airing on the aforementioned NBC TV network.

https://www.paleycenter.org/a-salute...th-anniversary
    Last edited by TheBigA; 02-15-2017 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Maybe I misread your initial post. I thought this salute was taking place at the Paley Center. Turns out this salute is airing on the aforementioned NBC TV network.

https://www.paleycenter.org/a-salute...th-anniversary
    Yes, it will be on NBC this coming Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by seatownmedia View Post
    Yes, it will be on NBC this coming Sunday.
    Three-hours too. I hope they show it again because my Family Guy will be on during that time.

Hopefully they will follow the same footsteps the networks did for their retro-specials back in the 70s like when CBS had most of their stars showed up and when ABC had Barry Manilow singing "Its A Miracle" to the history of ABC. What NBC had in 1976 ( ? ) wasn't bad either. Too bad they didn't follow the same footsteps as the local stations when their celebrated their milestones such as WBAL in Baltimore when they showed promos from the 60s and 70s, Denver's KWGN showing the first television image from Colorado ( Fred & Faye ) and Buffalo's WKBW actually explaining what the call letters WKBW meant..Well Known Bible Witness.

Looks like a very interesting program. I will have to check it out.
    Thanks for the heads-up!

I wonder if there will be any mention of David Letterman or Conan O'Brien since they ended up on other networks.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
    I wonder if there will be any mention of David Letterman or Conan O'Brien since they ended up on other networks.
    NBC owns the intellectual property of the shows that aired there, so why not?

My question is how much time will they give to radio, given it won't be exciting TV.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
    since Letterman is off the air, they wouldn't be promoting a competitor

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    NBC owns the intellectual property of the shows that aired there, so why not?

My question is how much time will they give to radio, given it won't be exciting TV.
    surprised they are even giving time to anything that won't attract enough people under 50

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast