• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

94.9 audio problems

KRUT 94.9 has a song on at the moment. It plays like for 18 seconds and then it starts from the beginning again. Has been going on for the past 5 minutes that I been listening.

Sounds like they are stuck in a RUT - or a K-RUT. Sorry! Couldn't resist.

Still sounding horrible, but now I think the station change formats somehow or at least the name. With all the static I could not catch the name of the new name I think they said AUDIO 94.9 But the announcement sad music 24/7 the best music, the music you want to listen to.

Ok correction I just picked up KRUT, then back to the other station. They said something like radio Amenecer.

Last edited:
Let me see if I've comprehended this correctly. You're sure of where the KRUT-LP tower is located, yet not sure that you are in fact listening to the actual KRUT-LP on your radio dial.

Doesn't instill much confidence in me that you have any idea as to where KRUT-LP actually broadcasts. Don't worry too much, mrtexmex, I haven't pinpointed it's actual location either. Don't really need to. A co-channel facility owner is apparently hot on its trail as we speak.

All you have to do is drive on Tidwell and get to shepherd Dr and you will see the antenna. If you get hungry you can go buy a burger across the street. And if you need a new radio for your car you can also find one across the street from them too.
I am talking about the signal for some reason has been very low. And I am picking up Radio Amanecer in places where I couldn't before.

It would be faster to walk to 5530 North Shepherd. 713-640-5041 is the public listing for A-Plus Toyota.

As "KQUE FM 103" once quipped some 30 years ago, ask them about their radio station.

You just gave the address of the same place I'm talking about. I'm giving you actual places that are around that 4 corner. I can't upload pictures here ( or at least don't know how to) if not I would show you some of the antenna.

Burger King/Shell, House of Wheels, Williams Auto Salvage, and A-Plus Toyota make the 4 corners of Tidwell and the North Shepherd intersection. I know the area, mrtejano. I also know the antenna you have referenced. I'm sure it comes in very handy when in search for something like a front left fender on a 1996 Toyota Corolla that A-Plus surprisingly doesn't have just sitting out in the yard.

So do I, I happen to work at a Auto Parts store. So I know that and many other salvage yards in the area. Don't forget the Shipley Doughnuts close to the area.

Ok correction I just picked up KRUT, then back to the other station. They said something like radio Amenecer.

KRUT is either off the air or on reduced power. No sign of it this evening in the Midtown area, where it usually puts in a decent signal. However, that allowed me to hear similarly formatted KPFG in Pasadena.

On the West Loop @ 290 I could hear KPFG fighting with another Spanish language religious station, which I assumed was the weakened KRUT.

KRUT is either off the air or on reduced power. No sign of it this evening in the Midtown area, where it usually puts in a decent signal. However, that allowed me to hear similarly formatted KPFG in Pasadena.

On the West Loop @ 290 I could hear KPFG fighting with another Spanish language religious station, which I assumed was the weakened KRUT.

Maybe the storm hurt the antenna?

HAM here. Decided to settle this. Got RF gear out this morning and went searching. 94.9 is broadcasting from a residence at 5501 Fatima 77091.

16809975-1619146784767443-1295113980-n_orig.jpg

No, mrtejano, it's my neighbor's. How do you think I've known all along that this facility was not operating from the junkyard, even before I visited with them? Nice work 983, and nice truck too, btw. You were close enough that had I known you were visiting the 'hood, I would have had a pot of coffee ready for you and a friendly hand extended in congratulations on your fantastic investigative prowess. I believe the actual address you listed is incorrect. That address is the brick house next property over, surrounded by a rod iron fence.

It may be close, Brian, but this isn't a game of horseshoes, and nobody threw a grenade. Close doesn't count in the game of licensed coordinates.

As for me, the warm underbelly of my rock awaits. The reality has now been exposed on this longtime frustration.

Until the next time lights get turned off and the cucarachas scurry out from under the cabinets, gentlemen.

I said it as sarcasm sir.

How about this one? You seemed real confident in making this statement. It's not about you and I, Juan. It's about "The Harsh Reality" of the situation as a whole. Texasliberty983 has found that reality, and now, young master, so have you.

I still drive by the antenna everyday, the one on the Toyota salvage yard. If they're not using it that's another story. Doesn't change the fact that I drive by it all the time.

How about this one? You seemed real confident in making this statement. It's not about you and I, Juan. It's about "The Harsh Reality" of the situation as a whole. Texasliberty983 has found that reality, and now, young master, so have you.

And don't be naming me, I don't go around trying to figure out your name. I really don't care what your name is. Leave my personal info out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom