• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AM 890 Colorado Springs / Fountain

New format for AM 890, includes constant Beatles music all day and night. Some solo artist songs any many obscure album cuts and studio / live versions. Interesting! Wonder how long this format could last?

New format for AM 890, includes constant Beatles music all day and night. Some solo artist songs any many obscure album cuts and studio / live versions. Interesting! Wonder how long this format could last?

Sounds like they're stunting to me. What was the previous format?

Sounds like they're stunting to me. What was the previous format?

Standards 2012-13, country classics 2013-2014, sports talk, 2014-
Can't locate much more info on this station, KJME 890

Standards 2012-13, country classics 2013-2014, sports talk, 2014-
Can't locate much more info on this station, KJME 890

Then I'd bet an oldies format, probably satellite-fed, is in the works. I wonder if an FM translator is also in KJME's future -- a switch from a talk format to a musical format would make a lot of sense if that were happening.

It's anybody's guess what's happening with this latest incarnation of 890..."890 Yesterday." They are already on FM with a recently activated translator on 106.7 in the Springs. While listening Friday afternoon, their music stream dropped out a couple of times with fifteen seconds or so of silence followed by an automated female voice: "one..eight..two..dot..one.. four.. five.. dot...." I didn't write out the numbers, but it was a four part numerical IP address.

KJME has been running all-Beatle since Thanksgiving or shortly after. I've heard Christmas songs sprinkled in (Beatles or ex-Beatle, of course) during the holidays.

I feel for the folks at SoCo Radio...I think they're behind this current KJME format, which I believe is through an LMA with KJME's owner Timothy Cutforth. SoCo's other properties seem quite troubled. The Buzz 93.9/94.7 in Pueblo is practically off the air. 93.9, which is a translator, had audio that was cutting out to the point it was barely unintelligible. The main signal on 94.7, KFVR was either off the air or with silent carrier. SoCo's LMA with the owners of 103.3 apparently ended, which put the KIQ'N country presentation on yet another signal, 101.3, knocking off the soft rock format SoCo had been airing. Never fear, the Radio Shopping Show can be heard on multiple channels of SoCo Radio still operating in southern Colorado.

Sounds like one big mess! Any word on AM 690 and their phasing issues?? It seems like that problem has been going on for months on end. I e-mailed them once to no avail.

http://www.890yesterday.com/

No stream I believe.

Last edited:
890Yesterday - BEATLES FOREVER!!!

890Yesterday.com / KJME890AM / 106.7FM is Southern Colorado's 100% Beatles station! (no affiliation with SoCo Radio) KJME890AM launched as 100% Beatles with all 193 songs from the original 13 UK released albums Memorial day weekend 2016, from Denver to Walsenburg. Over the past 8 months we have added an additional 650+ songs from The Beatles and solo careers for Paul, John, George and Ringo. We (Tim Cutforth) are in the process of adding a 106.7 FM translator for Colorado Springs and meanwhile continue to add to this library until we have every song and track from the #1 band of all time.

[email protected]

Last edited:
Thank you 890Yesterday for this update. Now everything is clear. Hope to hear you on 106.7 soon!! Your Beatles selections are great to say the least. Hopefully you'll play the full length (7:11) version of 1968's "Hey Jude", instead of other stations cutting the song out at around 6:20 or so. Keep up the great job!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom