Tweeden Joins KABC-AM McIntyre as News Anchor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tweeden Joins KABC-AM McIntyre as News Anchor

Post Tweeden Joins KABC-AM McIntyre as News Anchor

http://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin...line_id=c39906

She will appear on the Morning show as the co-hosts of "McIntyre in the Morning."

Cumulus names radio and TV personality Leeann Tweeden as news anchor for the KABC-AM/Los Angeles morning show, "McIntyre in the Morning." Tweeden joins host Doug McIntyre and sportscaster Randy Wang weekdays from 5-10am. Previously, Tweeden co-hosted "LA Today with Roggin & Tweeden" on KLAC (AM570 LA Sports Radio). She is a frequent social and political commentator on television shows including: Hannity (FOX News), Dr. Drew (HLN), Red Eye (FOX News) and "Good Day L.A."

KABC Operations Director Drew Hayes said, "We are delighted to have Leeann sign on as the newest addition to the KABC on-air team. She is not only a bright, high energy, and plugged-in broadcaster, she brings a broad reservoir of life experiences. Leeann is a perfect fit for McIntyre in the Morning and the big-personality lineup of News. Talk. Evolved. 790 KABC."

You can't say that Cumulus isn't spending money on talent.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    You can't say that Cumulus isn't spending money on talent.
    I believe Leeann's talents are more suited for TV.

I agree. Purtty to look at. Terri rae was much better. They should have just givin the gig to rob marinko unless they just didnt want 3 males in the morning. Nothing against her but knowin cumulus she probably wont be there long. Very few last.

They could have easily made her the sports anchor and pushed Randy Wang back to engineer or whatever it is he does. It must be frustrating for Leeann to hear Randy's sports cast when she spent so many years doing actual sports casting.

Quote Originally Posted by ChannelFlipper View Post
    I believe Leeann's talents are more suited for TV.
    I agree, when I see some of her pics I am more interested in her vital statistics, rather than any team stats. See would do well at someplace like Fox 11 or KTLA 5.

Take a listen to Leeann when she is not reading the newscast and take note of how many "you know"s are inserted into her cadence of speech. Once you take notice, it becomes really annoying and is enough to make me want to avoid KABC in AM Drive. Shame, as I really like Doug McIntryre. I think he is one of the better interviewers on LARadio, is well informed, and has a sort-of moderate look on things. He's more to the right than I wish, but he's rationale and reasoned. Leeann needs to be couched by KABC's program director to recognize and cease her probably subconcious reliance on, and usage of, "you know".

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Leeann needs to be couched by KABC's program director to recognize and cease her probably subconcious reliance on, and usage of, "you know".
    It's annoying to you, but some people might find it cute. You know?

You know, some people might take note of David's inserted "couched" comment. It's probably just a subconcious Freudian slip. Perhaps rational and reasoned, but sort-of moderately funny. Thanks for a little chuckle in the crazy world of media!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    It's annoying to you, but some people might find it cute. You know?
    Leeann must be <like> about middle age, because <like> the younger generation says <like> "like" as a verbal crutch instead of <like> "you know."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast