Entercom + CBS Radio - Impact on San Diego (KSOQ) - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: Entercom + CBS Radio - Impact on San Diego (KSOQ)

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Signal Geek View Post
    And San Diego had a 2nd country station for a few years (Bob FM 99.3), albeit on a weak T.J. signal.
    Clear Channel also had a short lived country station with US95.7 KUSS. I think this is also when they grabbed Tony and Kris from KSON for the morning show.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by philosofy View Post
    Clear Channel also had a short lived country station with US95.7 KUSS. I think this is also when they grabbed Tony and Kris from KSON for the morning show.
    You're right. Forgot about U.S. 95.7 Country. So, that's a tad more proof a second country station could work in San Diego, if only as a barrier to prevent others from adopting the format.

  3. #43
    KSON gets decent numbers out of North County. Energy is a dead station... KLNV is actually huge in North County

  4. #44

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by radioresearcher View Post
    KSON gets decent numbers out of North County. Energy is a dead station... KLNV is actually huge in North County
    It will be interesting to see how the divestiture of 92.1 will impact KSON's ratings.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by miketheradioguy View Post
    It will be interesting to see how the divestiture of 92.1 will impact KSON's ratings.
    Before they bought KSOQ, KSON was #1.

  6. #46
    Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    35,173
    Quote Originally Posted by radioresearcher View Post
    KLNV is actually huge in North County
    North County is likely more important to Spanish language stations than to general market ones in the last decade. The Tijuana stations, English or Spanish, generally have a harder time reaching there due to distance and horizon terrain blockage, even if they have greater height.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post


    North County is likely more important to Spanish language stations than to general market ones in the last decade. The Tijuana stations, English or Spanish, generally have a harder time reaching there due to distance and horizon terrain blockage, even if they have greater height.
    I think it helps both David - but agree that Univision was smart to get the 106.5. No Tijuana station will ever touch them. The big sticks in San Diego are worth it.

    KFMB-FM, KMYI, and KGB generally do well north. KSSD has done better since they changed formats ...

  8. #48

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Before they bought KSOQ, KSON was #1.
    Very interesting.

  9. #49
    I doubt there's any coorelation between KSON buying 92.1, and "losing" their #1 ranking in ratings. KSON was never a solid #1, they just hit that in a few random books. And why would adding a signal in your weaker coverage area cause any station's ratings to go down?

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Signal Geek View Post
    I doubt there's any coorelation between KSON buying 92.1, and "losing" their #1 ranking in ratings.
    I never said there was. And they were a #1 station AFTER adding the additional signal.

    My point is losing the signal doesn't necessarily hurt them ratings-wise.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us