• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Entercom + CBS Radio - Impact on San Diego (KSOQ)

And San Diego had a 2nd country station for a few years (Bob FM 99.3), albeit on a weak T.J. signal.

Clear Channel also had a short lived country station with US95.7 KUSS. I think this is also when they grabbed Tony and Kris from KSON for the morning show.

Clear Channel also had a short lived country station with US95.7 KUSS. I think this is also when they grabbed Tony and Kris from KSON for the morning show.

You're right. Forgot about U.S. 95.7 Country. So, that's a tad more proof a second country station could work in San Diego, if only as a barrier to prevent others from adopting the format.

KLNV is actually huge in North County

North County is likely more important to Spanish language stations than to general market ones in the last decade. The Tijuana stations, English or Spanish, generally have a harder time reaching there due to distance and horizon terrain blockage, even if they have greater height.

North County is likely more important to Spanish language stations than to general market ones in the last decade. The Tijuana stations, English or Spanish, generally have a harder time reaching there due to distance and horizon terrain blockage, even if they have greater height.

I think it helps both David - but agree that Univision was smart to get the 106.5. No Tijuana station will ever touch them. The big sticks in San Diego are worth it.

KFMB-FM, KMYI, and KGB generally do well north. KSSD has done better since they changed formats ...

I doubt there's any coorelation between KSON buying 92.1, and "losing" their #1 ranking in ratings. KSON was never a solid #1, they just hit that in a few random books. And why would adding a signal in your weaker coverage area cause any station's ratings to go down?

I doubt there's any coorelation between KSON buying 92.1, and "losing" their #1 ranking in ratings.

I never said there was. And they were a #1 station AFTER adding the additional signal.

My point is losing the signal doesn't necessarily hurt them ratings-wise.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom