• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

what stays, what goes... ETM/CBS merger

Entercom keeps WEEI 850 and getting rid of WRKO 680 and WBZ 1030 also will go to someone else etc
Heard Fybush's Top of Tower podcast.Was said that you may see trades not sales.Will Cox, Hubbard, or I heart move in?

Suppose 1030 stays news. No longer a tie in w WBZ TV 4 but what if "Cox 25" gets them?

Why does this mean that?

He just thinks that EMF is going to acquire one of Entercom's divestitures in Boston. However, we don't know for sure who the buyer is. I do know that Entercom is expected to receive 11 stations in 3 markets plus $264 million in cash.

He just thinks that EMF is going to acquire one of Entercom's divestitures in Boston. However, we don't know for sure who the buyer is. I do know that Entercom is expected to receive 11 stations in 3 markets plus $264 million in cash.

If EMF is a buyer, it would likely be as a secondary spin. The total combination of stations, markets and cash would seem to rule iHeartMedia out as a buyer (at least in Boston), and iHeart would be the most likely route to a secondary spin. So, it seems unlikely that EMF would get anything in Boston out of this merger.

If EMF is a buyer, it would likely be as a secondary spin. The total combination of stations, markets and cash would seem to rule iHeartMedia out as a buyer (at least in Boston), and iHeart would be the most likely route to a secondary spin. So, it seems unlikely that EMF would get anything in Boston out of this merger.

Good

I just read an article about how the FCC is not really keen on EMF picking up stations when mergers like this happen. They know it's the company's idea to remove a commercial station from the market, leaving more revenue for the other stations. Not cool. Cuts down on the competition.

I just read an article about how the FCC is not really keen on EMF picking up stations when mergers like this happen. They know it's the company's idea to remove a commercial station from the market, leaving more revenue for the other stations. Not cool. Cuts down on the competition.

Where did you hear that?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom