what stays, what goes... ETM/CBS merger - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what stays, what goes... ETM/CBS merger

Quote Originally Posted by blackgold View Post
    Which means that one of those stations will go over to K-Love or Air1.
    Entercom will likely divest those stations as a group, so don't expect EMF to pick up any of these stations.

Quote Originally Posted by blackgold View Post

Which means that one of those stations will go over to K-Love or Air1.
    Why does this mean that?
    Last edited by Wimmmex; 10-10-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Entercom keeps WEEI 850 and getting rid of WRKO 680 and WBZ 1030 also will go to someone else etc
    Heard Fybush's Top of Tower podcast.Was said that you may see trades not sales.Will Cox, Hubbard, or I heart move in?

Suppose 1030 stays news. No longer a tie in w WBZ TV 4 but what if "Cox 25" gets them?

Quote Originally Posted by Wimmmex View Post
    Why does this mean that?
    He just thinks that EMF is going to acquire one of Entercom's divestitures in Boston. However, we don't know for sure who the buyer is. I do know that Entercom is expected to receive 11 stations in 3 markets plus $264 million in cash.

Quote Originally Posted by miketheradioguy View Post
    He just thinks that EMF is going to acquire one of Entercom's divestitures in Boston. However, we don't know for sure who the buyer is. I do know that Entercom is expected to receive 11 stations in 3 markets plus $264 million in cash.
    If EMF is a buyer, it would likely be as a secondary spin. The total combination of stations, markets and cash would seem to rule iHeartMedia out as a buyer (at least in Boston), and iHeart would be the most likely route to a secondary spin. So, it seems unlikely that EMF would get anything in Boston out of this merger.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    If EMF is a buyer, it would likely be as a secondary spin. The total combination of stations, markets and cash would seem to rule iHeartMedia out as a buyer (at least in Boston), and iHeart would be the most likely route to a secondary spin. So, it seems unlikely that EMF would get anything in Boston out of this merger.
    Good
    Norm Rosen

I just read an article about how the FCC is not really keen on EMF picking up stations when mergers like this happen. They know it's the company's idea to remove a commercial station from the market, leaving more revenue for the other stations. Not cool. Cuts down on the competition.

Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AMRocks View Post
    I just read an article about how the FCC is not really keen on EMF picking up stations when mergers like this happen. They know it's the company's idea to remove a commercial station from the market, leaving more revenue for the other stations. Not cool. Cuts down on the competition.
    Where did you hear that?
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

Where did you hear that?
    I think he meant to say the DOJ, not the FCC.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123