• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

B98.5

caller10

Star Participant
B98.5 should have a "new music ban". No music added to the playlist for ninety days. "We got to figure out what the hell is going on here" to Make Soft Rock Great Again!

It will most likely take an iHeart station to flip to AC before you'll hear Delilah. Although she is occasionally heard on other company's AC stations. Just like AT40 tends to stick to iHeart stations. I agree... Someone needs to flip one of the low rated stations to soft AC.

I still find it hard to believe a radio market of this size (#8!) does not carry either John Tesh or Delilah. If 106.7 someday decided to flip to AC or soft rock, they would likely carry Tesh. (This is highly unlikely anytime soon as AN106.7 is already advertising itself as the home of the Atlanta Braves for the 2017 season.) Delilah left the ATL air waves at the beginning of 2012. It has been five years. I doubt B98.5 will ever carry Delilah again as they are too hot-leaning and still very competitive with Star and Q (and to a lesser extent, Power). Maybe when the 96.7 format wheel spins again they will consider soft rock (again!), since that small signal is like a format lab for the market. Ditto for the 98.9 translator...

I still find it hard to believe a radio market of this size (#8!) does not carry either John Tesh or Delilah. If 106.7 someday decided to flip to AC or soft rock, they would likely carry Tesh. (This is highly unlikely anytime soon as AN106.7 is already advertising itself as the home of the Atlanta Braves for the 2017 season.) Delilah left the ATL air waves at the beginning of 2012. It has been five years. I doubt B98.5 will ever carry Delilah again as they are too hot-leaning and still very competitive with Star and Q (and to a lesser extent, Power). Maybe when the 96.7 format wheel spins again they will consider soft rock (again!), since that small signal is like a format lab for the market. Ditto for the 98.9 translator...

Shows like Delilah and Tesh perform better in the diary markets than under PPM. They are benchmarks which listeners remember... often in exaggerated form... when filling out diaries. They tend to generate less TSL in the more realistic PPM situation.

Chicago, Philly, LA (on a "real" signal), Portland, Seattle, Detroit, Denver, St Louis, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Boston (on a full signal) are examples of where the show does not run.

In some markets, like suburban LA, the Christian version of the show is run. There are multiple music versions of the show including a bright AC and a traditional AC.

Like somebody said, the PPM changed ratings from partisanship to exposure.

And it killed what I like to call "environmental", passive-listening, radio-as-furniture formats like soft AC and smooth jazz.

It also sanity-checked ethnic formats targeted to specific demos.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom