Which Bay Area radio stations would both CBS and Entercom agree to sell - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Which Bay Area radio stations would both CBS and Entercom agree to sell

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBayArea View Post
    I thought KNCI was the top music station (might be - not sure).
    It's the top country station in a market that has 3 country stations, so that's saying a lot. Entercom's KSEG is #1. KNCI is #5.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBayArea View Post
    HA!! Sorry - I just realized we were talking about San Francisco here. I was talking about Sacramento (up in this thread) where I thought KNCI was the top music station (might be - not sure). I need to look at the header on the forum I guess. But the comment still stands. Some of the stations they've chosen to let go of are arguably the better ones in the markets. Especially KOIT and KNCI.
    Guessing with respect to Sacto, Entercom couldn’t have easily kept KNCI or KYMX and the rest of its cluster due to the revenue cap. KSFM hasn’t performed at the level it once did and has tended to struggle to bill up to its ratings. So, fitting it in probably wasn’t difficult. There’s also been some speculation that Bonneville will be getting that cluster, and KSFM would be the one station it wouldn’t want.

With respect to San Francisco, if anyone had that list predicted, that person was either closely involved in the dealmaking process or had the best psychic in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by xmtrland View Post
    It's what you have to do in life. Glad to hear those words from you. Yesterday my dog rotated her stomach and it was emergency Vet time. She is doing good after emergency surgery. I'm just rolling with it.
    I do have stations in my area that will be impacted by the merger, but they're not in any of the overlapping markets. There could also be format changes beyond the markets where Entercom's divesting stations and in most cases, I'd roll with these changes.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112