• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The New CBS Entercom Company

DrAkbar

Star Participant
With CBS merging with Entercom, Nurse Jeff and I were coming up with new names for the combined company: Centercom, EnterBS, e-CBS, etc. Guess we'll have to hold our wee on naming rights (that Sacramento license renewal problem has to go away)...in the fine print, it's disclosed the company will be named Entercom: http://www.entercom.com/cbs-corpora...create-preeminent-radio-platform#.WJNM-xiZOqk

And second only in size to I ♥ Debt. Is that something to brag about?

YIKES!

The combined company's name simply be called Entercom. In other words, Entercom will acquire CBS' Radio stations, but will keep the Entercom name. Also, Entercom has already taken care of the KDND license issue by simply handing in the license to the FCC. When I heard about the license hearing at first, I thought iHeartMedia planned to blow up one of their signals for Top 40. The day that CBS announced the merger of their radio division with Entercom and that CBS and Entercom both own stations in Sacramento which will require divestitures being made, Entercom took a head start by surrendering KDND and moved its format to 106.5, which made me think Entercom beat iHeartMedia to the punch with that move. Two months later, iHeartMedia ended up blowing up Jack and changed it into The River, which turns out that iHeartMedia wasn't planning a flip to Top 40 in Sacramento after all.

With CBS merging with Entercom, Nurse Jeff and I were coming up with new names for the combined company: Centercom, EnterBS, e-CBS, etc. Guess we'll have to hold our wee on naming rights

This is the first time I've ever wished this site had a "Like" button for posts!

This is the first time I've ever wished this site had a "Like" button for posts!

At tip of the fez for the suggestion. btw...we're still holding it!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom