• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

W297DF 103.7 (WWWL) New Orleans

Entercom was testing the new translator for WWWL Saturday Jan, 28 around Noon only giving a station ID every five minuets. Now the speculation may begin.

It's pretty much wait and see what the new format will be. Right now there Is audio of a clock with a woman's voice saying "It's Coming" on 1350. The Question is what and when. It is annoying.

Like I told some, I think we may see a hot ac or out of left field a AAA . Its a metro station so think country is sewed up, there are 5 urban centric stations in 504 (93.3/96.3/98.5/102.9/106.7) ... Country is a suburb thing and we have two stations. 104.1 goes between a hot ac and adult top 40 doing some decent numbers. 106.1 seems to be adding more hard rock to move modern rock. Plus numbers between 96.3 as rock and 106.1 together were only 1.7... Oldies, mike has it sewed at tix and is not a money maker here other than for tix imo as population has aged out of demo. This will be a flank station like a classic hits to play some of the softer stuff from 95.7, or the hot ac/aaa to flank 101.9/97.1 .... That's my game plan analysts on it

Is WWL-HD2 still "The Delta" blues, and will it move to HD3 or disappear entirely? New Orleans seems like a good market for the format.

My guess would be classic hits with an 80s emphasis? Who knows, but this thing is not going to fair well with 250 watts at 350 feet. They really needed a super translator at 500+ feet to make this viable.

My guess would be classic hits with an 80s emphasis? Who knows, but this thing is not going to fair well with 250 watts at 350 feet. They really needed a super translator at 500+ feet to make this viable.

Sorry, I was asking about the format on WWL-FM HD2, which last I saw was a blues format. I was wondering if it was displaced by 3WL's programming or moved to an HD3 subchannel. I don't know anyone in New Orleans with an HD radio to ask. I'm assuming it just went away, as there's no reference to it at all on WWL's website now.

Last edited:
Tom; I have a pocket size Insignia HD Radio That I bring on my trips to New Orleans and Baton Rouge once in a while. I am not 100% sure but I think WWL had dropped Blues on HD-2 when they added T-Bob and Christan's Double coverage and switched to NBC Sports Radio on 1350.

Tom; I have a pocket size Insignia HD Radio That I bring on my trips to New Orleans and Baton Rouge once in a while. I am not 100% sure but I think WWL had dropped Blues on HD-2 when they added T-Bob and Christan's Double coverage and switched to NBC Sports Radio on 1350.

Thanks to both of you. I am in the Mobile area but my website has a few of the bigger New Orleans stations listed in the "Mobile-Pensacola-Biloxi" metro listings since some of those signals spill into Mississippi. And in the case of WWL AM, all the way down to Panama City.

Except during tropo, I can't pick up the FM stuff, and I haven't been to NO myself in three years or so now. So I appreciate the help.

Sorry, I was asking about the format on WWL-FM HD2, which last I saw was a blues format. I was wondering if it was displaced by 3WL's programming or moved to an HD3 subchannel. I don't know anyone in New Orleans with an HD radio to ask. I'm assuming it just went away, as there's no reference to it at all on WWL's website now.

The blues were dropped a good year or two ago for wwwl 1350. All they will do is keep that on hd2

currently on hd radio 2 in NOLA

89.9 hd2 If I remember is classical (to feed 104.9)
89.9 hd3 is jazz
93.3 hd2 not sure as audio is missing half time
95.7 hd2 Metal channel (from KISW seattle if I remember)
97.1 hd2 Dance oriented pop
98.5 hd2 listed as Keith Sweat on hd radios.. sometimes audio is there , sometimes no (Big i heart issue in NOLA with no audio on hd channels for days)
99.5 hd2 rewind 96.3 feed (But you can tell it's not feeding the translator)
101.1 hd2 classic country
101.9 hd2 wlmg love if I remember
104.1 hd2 format of week... since jan 1st.... almost one month of Christmas, then Prince tribute, supposed to be 80s with song listings
105.3 hd2 former format of wwwl 1350

what I caught in BR area so far (commercial only scanned from Donaldsonville area)
96.1 hd2/hd3 sounds like klove/air1 feeds
98.1 hd2 simucast espn 104.5/104.9
98.1 hd3 simucast 107.3
101.5 hd2 was feed for downtown 97.7.. it was off after flip, now sometimes playing old format
102.5hd2 simucast of WJBO 1150
rumor was 100.7 was supposed to start but nothing heard yet

Thanks for that information, RFLA… That's a pretty sad state of affairs with the iHeart stations going dead for days, but seems par for the course for neglected HD2's. Last time I had a radio on here in Mobile, iHeart's HD was off on 96.1 and 99.9 and had been for a few days, despite both stations supposedly feeding translators now with programming.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom