• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WQHT Audio Processing

realDtrump

New Participating Member
What's with the processing on Hot 97?

Listening the last few days in NYC, very slow AGC release and attack. It's up and down like a yoyo all day long!

And when they blow that horn, it takes almost 7 seconds to fully recover sometimes!

Anyone know what they are on? Sounded Orban to me

Just a guess really...it didn't seem to have the Omnia HF sizzle

Omnia 11s and 9s don't have that traditional "sizzle" (read: high freq distortion/clipping) that the previous versions of Omnia processing did. Starting with the Omnia One, high frequencies started sounding musical.
You can, of course, force feed your 11 and make it cough up blood on the high frequencies...just like a 6. Many people like that sound and it has been very successful, especially in NYC.

Perhaps they've also added Voltair to the chain.

I think they have had a Voltair for as long as Voltaires have existed.

More likely someone adjusted the settings on the audio chain, including the Omnia, any pre-processing, and even mike processing.

WQHT doesn't sound as clear or as loud as the other stations do. This station usually has their processing on point so this is really weird. As for NYC processing, I've noticed that 92.3 is now just as loud as Z100 is. These 2 clearly are the loudest stations on the dial, as they should be!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom