• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Technical question regarding Facebook Live

radioeast

New Participating Member
I think Facebook Live is a great way for stations to connect to their audience - especially during music / request shows. I know the primary purpose is to give a behind the scenes look at the station. What I don't like is the inability to switch to a direct feed of the on air music. It would be great if there was a way to switch back and forth - to the music - and back to the announcer talking to the Facebook crowd "off air." Any simple solutions? Thanks

We have just invested in a kit for Facebook Live Streaming (and many other platforms). The kit included an iRig audio interface that mixes two inputs and then puts it direct into the iPhone / Facebook stream. For us, Input 1 is used for a wireless lapel microphone on the talent, and Input 2 is mix out of the desk of the program. You then simply then mix the audio accordingly on the iRig.

There are cheaper ways to do it, but we saw value in being able to cleanly mix from source to source.

That sounds like the perfect set-up. The added expense sounds well worth it. And a lapel beats the off mic sound on most phones. Would you care to post a link on the equipment you are using?

We have just invested in a kit for Facebook Live Streaming (and many other platforms). The kit included an iRig audio interface that mixes two inputs and then puts it direct into the iPhone / Facebook stream. For us, Input 1 is used for a wireless lapel microphone on the talent, and Input 2 is mix out of the desk of the program. You then simply then mix the audio accordingly on the iRig.

There are cheaper ways to do it, but we saw value in being able to cleanly mix from source to source.

Well I know you can use a third party software like oBS or Vmix to stream directly to Facebook and you can send your board feed directly from the computer.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom