WTIS AM-1110 St. Petersburg - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: WTIS AM-1110 St. Petersburg

Frank: A 10kw CCA? I'm sorry.

I live about 2 miles from where the tower was for WTIS. I don't know where they are broadcasting from now. AM not clear anymore and FM sometimes fades a little and then comes back. At least I can hear in stereo.

mostly St. Petersburg,FL (2nd listening post is extreme eastern Hernando county Florida)
    Driving around in downtown St. Petersburg, SE SP and almost to the Skyway yesterday, I also noticed that the AM quaility has gone down the drain, muddy sound and some static that seemed to be coming from the broadcast and not external sources such as power lines etc......then later on going to Tampa on I-275 noticed that even in Tampa between the West Shore area and downtown Tampa, poor reception as though they were on reduced power as well as the muddy sound, this was all between 1PM and 3:34PM yesterday.

On the 101.1 side of things, good clean sound and good stereo separation, but in place in St. Petersburg, I would hear an occasional clip of a Salsa format.....perhaps that’s the translator in Bradenton? It sounds as though it could be a translator for WYUU HD2 which has a Salsa format, but I was never able to get an I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by drt View Post
    Driving around in downtown St. Petersburg, SE SP and almost to the Skyway yesterday, I also noticed that the AM quaility has gone down the drain, muddy sound and some static that seemed to be coming from the broadcast and not external sources such as power lines etc......then later on going to Tampa on I-275 noticed that even in Tampa between the West Shore area and downtown Tampa, poor reception as though they were on reduced power as well as the muddy sound, this was all between 1PM and 3:34PM yesterday.

On the 101.1 side of things, good clean sound and good stereo separation, but in place in St. Petersburg, I would hear an occasional clip of a Salsa format.....perhaps thatís the translator in Bradenton? It sounds as though it could be a translator for WYUU HD2 which has a Salsa format, but I was never able to get an I.D.
    I have noticed the AM sound has degraded greatly after the translator went on the air. The Spanish music could be the LPFM in Bradenton.

I have never heard Salsa on WUDN-LP.
    When they are not airing community service talk programming,
    they play mostly softer music, often Spanish guitar.
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

Calling themselves "Timeless 101.1 FM and 1110 AM" Using the calls "WTIS" too and referring to both frequencies in various ways. It's pretty obvious they're running automated DJ software and simply shuffling a library of 70's and 80's easy listening favorites. Some of the songs with cold endings are fading as the next starts.... that's an indication the library and the tracks haven't been individually set to fire off the next song properly. I'm in NE St. Pete with an antenna pointed towards Tampa and I'm getting them pretty clear. Hopefully they'll tweak the audio some as it sounds pretty flat.

Quote Originally Posted by billalm View Post
    Hopefully they'll tweak the audio some as it sounds pretty flat.
    Do you mean a flat frequency response
    or unprocessed with a wide, natural dynamic range?

Quote Originally Posted by ai4i View Post
    I have never heard Salsa on WUDN-LP.
    When they are not airing community service talk programming,
    they play mostly softer music, often Spanish guitar.
    I have never listened to WUDN-LP, nor do I travel much to St. Pete, so I figured since they are the only Spanish Station on the closest co-channel, that they were the ones splattering in.

I drove from SRQ to TPA yesterday and remembered to check 101.1 on my way back.
    Nice audio!
    The one promo that I caught mentioned only 1110 and that was at night.
    The last hint of the station was obliterated by WUDN somewhere on the northern part of the Skyways Bridge.

I might be driving cars with better radios than I am used to,
    stock 2010 & 2011 Towncars,
    because I always find that WSMR and W280DW overlap listenably,
    contrary to their posted coverage maps.
    Perhaps if I had to listen to them in St Pete regularly, I would think differently.

Hello. Have tried for WTIS here in Altamonte and nothing. They used to come in during the day here on my CC EP. I no longer live in the area.
    Current radios that I own. Portable/Pocket: Sony SRF59, Sangean DT-160, Sangean SR35 and the Jameson Electronics pocket radio. Portable/Tabletop: CCrane EP. Radios I want: CC EP PRO

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast