• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mike & Mike Are Breaking Up

They've suffered a bit of a talent raid at ESPN lately with Mike Tirico leaving and Boomer stepping back from the NFL. So it's time for character development. That's something that radio can do. Certainly the M&M partnership had run it's course. They'd been looking for ways to freshen it up, and this is one way to do it.

Don't know that I thought that it had run it's course, but I suspect Golic will remain and the show will be rebranded. Perhaps, Golic Sports Morning or something.

Certainly plausible. ESPN does need something in the slot and Golic is a proven quantity.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-espn-show-winds-down/?utm_term=.6c6d0d150106

Apparently the Mikes are NOT on the best of terms as their ESPN Radio partnership comes to an end.

IMO, it seems contrary to send Greenberg to NYC and offer him a $6.5M salary. Golic has always been the stronger partner on the show. I further don't see the logic in doing a less 'sports focused' show. There are already loads of them on the air. Why would anyone tune into ESPN, a SPORTS network for one?

Mainly months later, yeah they have suffer the losses of their sports hosts to other stations which pretty much as been FOX Sports Radio and even with Colin Cowherd back in 2015.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom