• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KLOS Kicks Off 2017 With New Programming Additions

Y2kTheNewOldies

Walk of Fame Participant
Cumulus Media announces that 95.5 KLOS/Los Angeles has developed "The Frosty, Heidi & Frank Night Shift," which will air Monday through Thursday from 9:00pm to 11:00pm PST. The new show debuted Monday and is a nighttime riff on the popular KLOS show, "The Frosty, Heidi & Frank Show," which airs weekday mornings. "The Frosty, Heidi & Frank Night Shift" will feature a mix of "best of" material from earlier in the morning, new content never before heard from the show, and music.

"Frosty, Heidi & Frank are sounding great and expanding their platform on the station just makes sense," said Keith Cunningham, KLOS PD and Cumulus Corporate Rock Programmer. "Listeners have busy lives and many simply aren't able to listen in the morning, so we're stoked to unleash FHF on the Southern California evening crowd."

Additionally, comedic personality and comedy writer Greg Beharrell joins KLOS for weekends and as a key writer and digital/social content creator. Beharrell was previously at Live 105/San Francisco and he will continue to do his radio shows in Canada, in addition to holding down duties as the Canadian voice of JACK-FM and two television shows.

Cunningham added, "How Greg's brain works, I'll never understand, but he is laugh-out-loud funny and a content machine. Southern California radio doesn't have anyone like Greg, and we're thrilled he's joined the KLOS mafia."

http://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/headline_id=n33718

Heres some lineups for KLOS in 2017 including a night edition of "The Frosty, Heidi & Frank Show,"

They have been doin the same thing on there sister station kabc. It does seem cumulus is tryin to do things on the cheap. They seem to put more into klos then kabc. Addin jonesey was smart and i like there 80s at eight but rerun shows at night are a bad idea for any station!

I say flip kabc and put it out of its misery and with klos hire someone dont do best of its askin to fail.

On the other hand, it seems wasteful to devote so much of a stations resources to just one airing of a show. We've seen how repeats of popular TV shows (such as a Sunday replay of a weekday show like The Voice) is not a bad idea. People are delaying their watching of TV shows, so another opportunity to listen to a radio show is better than voice tracking or some other alternative.

Probably the most expensive and least likely to succeed option available. The should just LMA it to a foreign language operation.

They should go with the old KRLA style oldies. No one below the age 55 will listen (well, except me and Oldies), but no one below the age of 55 listens now. They would have the entire format to themselves (since it isn't even on KRTH HD 2 anymore) and it costs much less to spin records than pay talk talent.

Think about it, it may be fun. They could get a bunch of boss format jingles and start calling out on air whatever format Saul has on KGIL in an all-out old fashioned radio war for the geezers' ears. They can have contests that match your monthly social security check and give free hearing aides. But best of all, at least the music would be good.

Even though i am not in the demo for it it sounds entertaining. I think an lma is the best option. But heres the question y doesnt cumulus do that? I am sure mr mcintyre aint cheap talent n they would save all that money. I would think doug n dr drew are the most expensive talent there.

So Y not save all that $$$ and lma it or blow it up into whatever?

The best idea is for cumulus to sell there properties in la n just get the eff out.

The best idea is for cumulus to sell there properties in la n just get the eff out.

Not gonna happen. They just moved KABC/KLOS studios into the co-owned Westwood One complex in Culver City. The move alone cost them millions, but saves them from paying rent. The former studio and tower property on La Cienega is now ready to be sold. They'll make a ton of money from that sale.

KABC might get minimal ratings in LA, but it's enough to give their national spots an LA clear, which they wouldn't get from anyone else. So forget about a format change to anything. They'll stay the course, just like they are at other former ABC AM properties.

Very sad how clueuless has made kabc with few exceptions a horrific talk station and whats infuriating is nothin will change.

In a perfect world kfi would fire handle n hire douglas randy wang sports n rob marinko for mornings.

Very sad how clueuless has made kabc with few exceptions a horrific talk station and whats infuriating is nothin will change.

With the soon-to-be-degraded KABC signal which will cover mostly ethnic areas, there is not much they can do with that station.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom